Adult, Hospice, and Care Givers
Older Adult Staff Guardian: $1,500 Sign-on Bonus
*Applicants who apply through third-party sites (Indeed, Monster, etc.) will receive an email from ApplicantPro to complete their application.*
***New Hire Sign-on Bonus: $500 after 90 days of employment; additional $1,000 after 180 days of employment.***
MISSION & CULTURE
Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains is an inclusive non-profit whose mission is to walk with the vulnerable through services that heal, strengthen, and provide hope. We honor the dignity of all people and offer help and support regardless of religion, race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age. Lutheran Family Services responds to the needs of communities throughout the region through services for children and families, refugees and immigrants, older adults and their caregivers, and people who have experienced loss through disaster.
The Lifework Aging Solutions (LAS) Guardianship Program serves hospitalized older adults who lack decision making capacity due to neurological impairments and have no interested parties. The Staff Guardian serves as the legally appointed Guardian for these vulnerable adults and acts in accord with their best interest as an advocate and substitute decision-maker. Additionally, LAS offers support to families pursuing guardianship for their hospitalized loved ones through Family Guardianship Support Services. The Staff Guardian works with families in the FGSS providing education, advocacy and consultation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages a caseload of wards following trained and probationary period. Assists families in their pursuit of guardianship for an older adult loved one through consultation, advocacy and education.
- Makes decisions (e.g. appropriate living arrangement, medical care, funeral arrangements) for wards as required.
- Communicates all major life decisions regarding wards with LAS Leadership, prior to acting on the decisions (i.e. move from nursing home to community, major medical decision).
- Prepares all documents required by Probate Court and attends guardianship hearings.
- Arranges for benefits and other entitlements for which the ward needs and is eligible.
- Prepares and maintains, through the database, a record of all work-related activities and contacts performed on behalf of the ward.
- Coordinates with guardianship staff to provide regular visits with wards residing in a variety of
- Maintains a working knowledge of community resources.
- Develops productive working relationships with hospital staff, Probate Court and service providers.
- Is available, via on -call cell phone, 24 hours/day, seven days/week on a rotating basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to make decisions in the best interest of the ward regardless of personal beliefs
- Comfortable asserting self in role of advocate
- Experience providing services to older adults with cognitive, physical, and or mental health deficits
- Knowledge of systems and programs in the community that serve older adults
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, use of emails and the completion of computer-based forms
- Possesses a valid Colorado driver’s license; has a reliable and consistently available vehicle; and is able to regularly travel throughout the agency’s service area
- Must carry automobile liability insurance at the level of $100,000/300,000/100,000
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission, values and vision of Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s or Master’s in social work, human services or a related field. Minimum of 2 years of experience serving older adults and/or other vulnerable populations.
Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains (LFSRM) is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, their families, and members of our community against the coronavirus (COVID-19). New hires must present proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination (if vaccines are available and the employee is eligible at the time of hire) or a completed Reasonable Accommodation Request Form approved by Human Resources.
Keywords: caregiver, family caregiver, respite, caregiver support, older adult, advocate, case management, case manager, social work, community health, healthcare administration, health educator, public health, health wellness, senior careTo Apply: email@example.com