Administrative and Clerical
Operations Administrative Assistant
CHRIST COMMUNITY EXISTS TO MAKE GOSPEL-CENTERED DISCIPLES AMONG ALL PEOPLE FOR THE GLORY OF GOD.
THE GOSPEL ABOVE ALL
More than anything else, Christ Community is a church that is about the gospel.
Jesus tells his disciples and those who would follow, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me, go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.’”
We believe Jesus radically changes a person’s life. We are to remind ourselves daily that we have been set free from the power of sin and condemnation and to live in light of this freedom. We do not work for our salvation, but our salvation has been given to us freely by God himself through faith in Christ. Therefore, we are to live out the gospel of grace every day in our personal lives as well as with those we are around.
OUR CORE VALUES
COMMUNITY & CULTURE
Christ Community in Huntersville, NC, is seeking to fill the position of Operations Administrative Assistant. Located in the fast-growing Lake Norman region of North Carolina, Huntersville is a suburban community which offers an exceptional quality of life and intentional small-town atmosphere.
Sharing a border with Charlotte, one of the nation’s top financial centers, Huntersville attracts many families relocating to the area and seeking a variety of quality educational opportunities for their children, as well as older families who want the conveniences of a major metro area without many of the issues often associated with city living.
The region is perfect for sports fans, and beaches and mountains are only a short drive away. Charlotte Douglas International Airport is a major hub for air travel, and local universities and seminaries offer opportunities for continuing adult education.
Christ Community, a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, is a Great Commission church with a focus on evangelism, missions, and discipleship. The church has nearly 800 active members and averages over 1200 in attendance at the Sunday morning worship services across our Huntersville and Denver campuses. The services are all thriving, contemporary services with top-notch talent who honor God with their gifts in leading the church to praise God.
Christ Community exists to make gospel-centered disciples among all people for the glory of God. Everything we do, from worship, to preaching, to missions, is centered on and for the purpose of Jesus Christ.
For more information, please see our website: christcommunity.com.
Purpose and Primary Responsibilities: The Operations Administrative Assistant will handle a wide range of administrative and organizational tasks for the office, finance, HR, and facility aspects of the church. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, and enjoy challenges. While task oriented, this person will have servant’s heart. This employee must have the ability to interact with all levels of internal staff, congregants, visitors, and external church relationships in a fast-paced environment. Must remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient with a high level of professionalism. Written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability, and attention to detail are equally important. In addition to the specific responsibilities below, the Operations Administrative Assistant will be responsible for such duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor.
. Must understand and fully embrace the mission, values, and culture of Christ Community.
· Represent the church with integrity and warmth in dealing with members of the congregation, other churches, and the community at large.
· Help manage the flow of phone calls, appointments, and drop-in visitors to the church office.
· Assist with upkeep of contact management system, event calendar, and staff calendar.
· Assist in church communication including minor website updates, ministry emails, and correspondence.
· Assist with resource procurement, including office, promotional, and hospitality supplies.
· Coordinate luncheons, meetings, conferences, and special projects such as agendas, reservations, materials, and minutes.
· Filing, data entry, mail sorting, mass mailings.
· Assist in keeping the office and other parts of the facility managed, clean, and organized.
· Review, and/or edit applicable internal or external communications from pastors or ministry leaders to uphold integrity and standards in line with Christ Community’s mission and
· Anticipate, seek, and help; actively looking for ways to take things off the Executive Pastor’s plate in order to make him more effective and efficient including but not limited to: receipts,
invoices, or check requests.
· Manage the Executive Pastor’s calendar appointments, meetings, and phone conferences, including meetings with vendors, staff, supporters, friends, ministry contacts, boards, and
ministry teams; keep appropriate parties informed in advance.
· Manage the Executive Pastor’s incoming correspondence (calls, mailings, and e-mail).
· Coordinate Executive Pastor’s daily, weekly, monthly, and annual appointment schedule with church calendar for maximum ministry effectiveness, keeping apprised of
· Collect, organize, and review miscellaneous documents including but not limited to contracts, leases, reviews, and proposals.
· Maintain confidentiality in processes and materials.
· Help with preparation in various ministry facility and needs, including children, students, women’s ministry, men’s ministry, community groups, and other ministries and events as
· Assist with the coordination, setup, and staffing for weekly ministries, church events, and supplemental programming.
· Be present on Sundays to help with Ministry needs as they arise.
· Be available for occasional events outside office hours.
· Other duties as assigned.
. Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, with ability to create, organize, and maintain complex spreadsheets.
· Learn and master church management software for the purpose of updating database, running reports, scheduling events, etc.
· Well organized with great attention to detail.
· Ability to accomplish tasks and the forethought to anticipate needs.
. Must model a deep commitment to Jesus.
· Must be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Christ Community Church.
· Must maintain membership at Christ Community Church.
· Must be highly organized with attention to detail.
· Must possess an attitude of service with a drive to accomplish our mission.
· Must agree with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
Seeking full-time exempt position. Benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Reports to the Executive Pastor.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2976To Apply: (704) 875-8374