Mission Statement: Hope House Colorado (HHC) empowers parenting teenage moms to achieve personal and economic self-sufficiency and to understand their significance in God’s sight, resulting in a healthy future for them and for their children.
Position Title: Operations Assistant
Exemption Status: Salaried, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Operations
Salary Range: $30,000 – $40,000
Benefits Eligibility: Eligible
Work Environment: This role is expected to work 40 hours/week on the HHC campus, except when offsite for HHC work-related purposes. Existing schedule is 8 hours per day Monday-Friday; including scheduled evenings shifts.
Position Summary: The Operations Assistant (OA) is the first point of contact for all Hope House guests, providing a warm and friendly welcome to our teen moms, volunteers, and visitors. The OA manages the HHC phone system in an efficient and engaging manner, upholds “HHC’s Excellent Environment” standards, and assists donors with in-kind donations, offering sincere appreciation. The OA sets the tone for all who come through the doors, ensuring each guest feels like they have found a place to belong. Duties and responsibilities also include office administration, building management, administrative support and volunteer coordination to ensure efficient operation of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistent completion of HHC’s daily operational checklists at the highest level of execution.
- Coordinate volunteer receptionists, delegate projects and tasks that utilize each volunteer’s strengths, and ensure desk coverage when volunteers are unavailable or working away from the desk.
- Diligently manage the sign in/sign out process for all guests and teen moms through the Raptor® visitor management system. Must be comfortable upholding standards and safety protocols and managing tension and occasional conflict.
- Warmly receive and direct incoming calls, including crisis calls. Knowledgably provide callers general information about Hope House Colorado, donation times/types of donations accepted, and provide referrals to other programs and community partners.
- Proactively maintain up to date documentation of reception processes and protocols to ensure efficient operations.
- Monitor and manage inventory of office supplies; anticipate needs and proactively order supplies to minimize downtime; distribute office supplies as necessary; verify receipt of supplies and organize for ease of access and maintenance of HHC Excellent Environment standards.
- Implement daily opening/closing procedures, which include sanitization of common areas, preparation of the front entry area, emptying trash, and cleaning.
- Receive in-kind donations, follow documentation procedures, and move items to storage area in a timely manner.
- Oversee evening meals provided to HHC teen moms, which includes assisting volunteers when they come to deliver or prepare a meal, and cleanup of the dining room afterward.
- Maintain facility software (Brightly) and assist in adding/removing employee access when needed. Enter work orders into Brightly for maintenance & repair.
- Assist with building tours as requested upon receipt of in-kind donations & meals.
- Lead Facilities Training for new staff and interns.
- Complete assigned Operations, HR, IT & Facilities tasks for Director of Operations (DOO) and Office Administrator with precision and in a timely manner.
- Complete new hire onboarding tasks – order name tags, set up printer/scanner for new employees, send Master Calendar invitations, add new staff to weekly devotions schedule and employee phone list, etc.
- Complete and submit monthly expense reports for the Operations & Finance Team and assist in month end reconciliation.
- Support DOO in reviewing and updating administrative systems for efficient operations.
- Efficiently complete administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Organize and maintain computer and manual filing systems as assigned.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the values of HHC throughout the organization and external relationships.
- Attend team and organizational meetings, activities, and events.
- Collaborate with HHC staff and perform job duties to advance the organization’s mission and vision.
- Coordinate, supervise, support, and appreciate HHC volunteers.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and within a team, seeking guidance as appropriate.
- Comply with all organizational policies and procedures.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk as well as bend, squat, and climb stairs. The employee must be able to lift and or move up to 30 pounds.
Supervisory Duties: None
- Accountability & Dependability – Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight
- Attention to Detail – diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all people; builds appropriate rapport and uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
- Time Management – Uses time effectively and efficiently
- Results Focus & Initiative – Focuses on desired outcomes and how best to exceed goals successfully.
- Compassion – Genuinely cares about people
- Priority Setting – Spends time and the time of others on what’s important; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy to take on challenges
- Quick Learner – enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Stakeholder Focus – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; gets first-hand information from them and uses it for improvements
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position. We are a team and support each other in all ways necessary to continue working toward the Hope House mission.
Benefits: HHC benefits are available to employees who consistently work a minimum of 24 hours a week, therefore this position is eligible for benefits. Benefits offered are subject to change at HHC’s sole discretion.
- Health Benefits: Employees may elect medical, dental, vision & life insurance plans.
- Simple IRA: Employees may choose to make salary reduction contributions through HHC’s Simple IRA plan and HHC will match the employee’s contribution up to a maximum of 3% of the employee’s annual salary.
Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Vacation: Upon hire, employees earn 6 hours of vacation per paycheck up to 120 hours (3 weeks) in a year. Accruals are adjusted to increase vacation earned per hours worked based on length of employment with HHC.
- Holidays: HHC observes eleven (11) holidays throughout the year. Salaried employees are paid for these holidays according to the nationally recognized observation day for each holiday. In addition, salaried employees are currently gifted either the week of Christmas or the week of New Year’s off, to be scheduled at the discretion of their supervisor.
- Sick Leave: HHC provides eligible employees with Paid Sick and Safe Leave (PSSL) and Public Health Emergency Leave (PHEL) in accordance with the requirements of Colorado’s Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (HFWA).
- Alignment with HHC Core Values and commitment to continually working towards the HHC mission
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- Must pass a criminal background check, driving record check, and drug screen
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written, verbal and in-person communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexibility and the capacity to prioritize new tasks
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Experience working in an office environment
- Bilingual English & Spanish, preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite