Education and Training
Parent Home Educator
Aurora Community Connection
Maintains overall responsibility for Parent Educator using PAT curriculum
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use the PAT Foundational Curriculum and resources to plan and deliver home visiting services to qualifying families (including Foundational Plans, Planning Guide, and all required forms to document family information and data).
- Maintain a caseload of families, conducting personal visits (50-60 minutes in length) with each enrolled family on a bi-weekly basis or weekly basis depending on child’s needs, and complete a range of screenings for each enrolled family. (Part time parent educator will serve 10 families and full time educator will serve 20 families).
- Adequately prepare for all personal visits, which include reading appropriate parent educator resources, printing relevant handouts and gathering materials for parent-child activities.
- Clearly document details of each visit, assessments, screenings, referrals to resources, etc. and enter into data system.
- Work with PAT team to plan and provide monthly parent group connections gatherings for PAT.
- Maintain and submit in a timely way all required child, family and program documentation.
- Meet with supervisor a minimum of twice monthly for reflective supervision sessions.
- Meet with supervisor as necessary to discuss procedures, protocol and other administrative processes to ensure quality record keeping, data entry and quality provision of services to families.
- Participate in the PAT program’s staff meetings, First Step staff meetings and participate in continuous quality improvement (CQI).
- Help parents and children transition to other services as needed, such as preschool or kindergarten. This includes developing transition plans.
- Complete annual required competency-based professional development hours to remain certified as a Parents as Teachers parent educator.
- Attend the training and meetings required by PAT program.
- Represent Aurora Community Connection Parents as Teachers at various community events that support families and/or young children when assigned by supervisor.
- Support the philosophy and mission of Aurora Community Connection Family Resource Center.
- Enter all data into Salesforce in a timely manner
- Assist with other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor, this may include duties outside of PAT program, such as answering general phone line.
- Experience working as a PAT home educator preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with families or children ages infants to preschool.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Team player and ability to work closely with PAT staff
- Attention to detail and balancing numerous tasks
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, and online computer programs and databases
To Apply: Mireya Davila, firstname.lastname@example.org