Administrative and Clerical
Church of the Advent is a vibrant, rooted, warm, and growing Anglican Church family west of downtown Denver. We were planted in 2011 out of Wellspring Englewood by a Denver Seminary alumn. This may be a great opportunity for students interested in exploring a future in local church ministry. We’d love to connect with you!
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 15 hours/week
Commitment: 2 years minimum, ideally more; if not already true, expected to become an active participant of our
church’s common life and mission
Role: The parish administrator is responsible for facilitating community life and ministry
primarily through administration
Spiritual Gifts: Administration
Compensation: Part-time salaried; $17,000 – $20,000/year
- Emotionally healthy man or woman who has a strong relationship with Jesus rooted in prayer and attentiveness to the grace and truth of God revealed in scripture, holds to core convictions of the faith unreservedly
- Kind and integrous person who finds joy and satisfaction in helping and supporting behind the scenes
- Traits: detail-attentive, organized, adaptable, takes initiative, works well with minimal direct supervision, comfortable working alone and with teams.
Essential Rhythms and Routines
- Be present and attentive to administrative-related aspects of worship (ministry team scheduling, printing, etc).
- Meet ~weekly with Rector
- Meet ~weekly with the staff team
- Two days with ~3 hours of office time/week for staff connection, administration, communication, etc.
- Organize logistics for church events and trips
- Sunday Morning Ministry Teams
- Schedule in planning center and communicate with all Sunday morning ministry teams/team leads to ensure Sunday mornings run smoothly
- Connect people to the mission and heart of Advent through the oversight of church-wide communication including events on the website, newsletter, announcements, occasional emails, and social media platforms.
- Ensure the office remains organized and supplied as needed
- Ensure operational excellence in the day-to-day administration of the church, collaborating with the bookkeeper as necessary.
- Lead logistical aspects of church events (e.g. parish hall setup, reservations, meal plans for summer retreat, park services, etc.)
- Oversee and maintain Planning Center database and workflows (lists, directory, assimilation, etc.)
- Monitor office/community email and phone
- Make routine bank deposits
- Handle all mail
- Work with sexton to oversee set up and clean up after Sunday morning and special worship services
- Work with sexton to organize and implement logistics for church-wide and leadership events, including chairs, tables, food, décor, and activities
- Generally assist and support the Rector as needed, overseeing and attending to the details of Advent’s various ministries