Part-Time MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) Nursery Coordinator
The Nursery Coordinator will oversee the nursery and all the care for the smallest children of Foothills MOPS Kids. The Nursery Coordinator will ensure that the MOPS Kids experience is a family-friendly place by providing a loving nursery that invites mothers to drop off their younger children (Baby and 1s) while the mothers participate in the MOPS group.
Foothills MOPS meets the 2nd and 4th Thursdays each month, October 2022 – May 2023
• Pray regularly for children in the MOPS ministry and their families
• Assist the Lead Teacher in preparation as needed
• Follow the MOPS curriculum and incorporate creative and fun additions for the kids
- Maintains clean and safe nursery space
- Selects age appropriate supplies and toys for the nursery rooms
- Follows procedures for safe and efficient use of the nursery
- Communicates procedures, expectations and developments of the nursery to parents
- Demonstrates Christ’s love to children and mothers, commits to praying for them weekly
- Takes stock of nursery supplies and lets the Children’s Director know when supplies are low and need to be replenished
- Physical requirements include sitting on the floor playing, reading, lifting and carrying small children and changing diapers
• A leadership team who will be available for support, consultation, problem solving and to supply
resources if necessary
• Curriculum materials that make teaching fun and lead to your own spiritual and intellectual growth
• A well stocked supply closet to support the activities suggested in the curriculum you will be using
and keep learning interesting for kids.
• A clean, age-appropriate room and creative space for teaching
• The prayerful support of pastors, Elders, leadership and church members
• Available to teach every 2nd and 4th Thursday, Sept 2022- May 2023 (No session on Thanksgiving) Please plan and give as much notice as possible for sickness or scheduled days off
• Be available at the church 9:45am-12:00pm (or earlier if you need more set up time)
• Growing in faith
• Meeting new people
• The joy of learning from and being with children
• The chance to make a difference in a child’s life!
• Compensation is $70 per session (2nd and 4th Thursdays) $140/month
Foothills MOPS Calendar Sept 2022-May 2023
All times are from 9:45-12:00pm, unless the teaching team decides you need to show up earlier for
setting up and prepping things. This can certainly be done during the week or morning of, given there
are no conflicting things at church.
November 24th (no meeting, Thanksgiving)
December 22nd (Christmas Party)