Part-time Senior Pastor
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS PROVIDED TO ESTABLISH THE PARAMETERS AND EXPECTATIONS OF THE Part-time SENIOR PASTOR FOR FCC. RESPONSIBILITIES MAY BE CHANGED AS MUTUALLY AGREED AND EXECUTED IN WRITING BY THE FCC TRUSTEES AND THE SENIOR PASTOR (THE PARTIES).
The amount of compensation aligns with the expectation that the role as Part-time Senior Pastor will not exceed thirty (30) hours per week. The duration of this contract will not be less than twelve (12) months and shall not exceed five (5) years unless mutually agreed by the Parties. This agreement can be extended in twelve (12) month increments or mutually agreed by both parties.
The thirty (30) hour allotment will be assessed to the following areas of responsibility. The hours might be modified from week to week but should not exceed in total the budgeted thirty (30) hours of time.
- Sermon prep and Sunday Morning services: approximately ten (10) hours per week. Sermons are expected to be delivered for approximately 35-45 mins per week and will be recorded for public internet consumption.
- Interaction with the Worship team: approximately two (2) hours per week
The remaining hours will be distributed as needed across the following areas at the discretion of the Senior Pastor:
- Bible Study participation with various FCC groups.
- As needed to conduct a class on relationships or other counseling topics.
- Attend Council Meetings (2nd Monday of each month) to present a 15-minute perspective on the progress of the church and to provide input on various council decisions.
- Participate in expanding the digital presence of FCC via various modalities that include but are not limited to the FCC Website, YouTube, and Facebook accounts.
- Congregational care in support of congregants for various life events which include but are not limited to:
- To expand the FCC congregation
- To expand on the visibility of FCC within the community
- While the Senior Pastor can spend the majority of the time communicating with the congregants remotely through various means that includes but are not limited to telephonic interaction, internet means and written correspondence, there is a necessity for the Senior Pastor to be available in the FCC building for no less than one (1) day per week consisting of four (4) hours or as mutually agreed.
The salary will be a fixed fee paid – inclusive of taxes – $3,750 per month or as mutually agreed.
Every two (2) weeks,, or as mutually agreed, the Senior Pastor will present to the Council President a list of aggregate activities performed and time allotted to the activities in approximate hour-long increments. The documentation will be used to inform the Council of where time is being utilized.To Apply: Marty Bobroske email firstname.lastname@example.org