Part-Time Worship Director
Director of Worship (part-time)
Is the Lord calling you to lead a team-based worship ministry in Northern
Colorado? Bring your enthusiasm for Biblically-saturated, multi-generational
worship to Bethel Baptist Church (bethelgreeley.com), a Gospel-centered church in
We are looking for a part-time Director of Worship (10-20 hours per week) who loves the LORD, loves
people, and has a desire to lead biblically-rich, vibrant worship services that honor both tradition and
innovation. Because this is a part-time position, we are willing to be flexible, including providing training
and development, in some of the requirements listed below.
Why is this role for you?
• You have been called by God to serve in worship ministries, and your natural and spiritual gifts
demonstrate that calling
• You are excited to lead volunteer ministry teams and develop new leaders
• You are committed to God’s Word and His Gospel
• You are looking for an exciting opportunity to serve in a growing ministry, where you will grow, too
• You are looking to develop your leadership and administrative skills in relation to worship
What you bring to the Bethel Baptist Church team:
• The character, calling, and commitment of a deacon, in accordance with 1 Timothy 3:8-12
• A growing understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the ability to apply that knowledge to
the development of worship services
• Strong gifting in relational, team-based ministry and music team leadership
• Preferred education: BA in a music- and/or ministry-related field, or alternatives as determined by
the direct supervisor
• Preferred experience: 2+ years paid experience in worship ministry, or significant volunteer
leadership in worship ministry
• Complete agreement with Bethel’s Statement of Faith
• Strong vocal and instrumental leadership skill required
• Provides Gospel-centered, Word-saturated leadership to the worship ministry
• In collaboration with the Senior Pastor, develops a vision for worship and music that incorporates
Scripture, theologically-rich music from a variety of styles, and God-centered prayer
• Oversees all service planning in collaboration with the Senior Pastor and ministry leaders, including
selection of songs, scheduling of musicians, and leading rehearsals
• Leads the congregation in worship regularly, in rotation with other music team leaders
• Recruits, trains, nurtures, and oversees existing teams of musicians, music team leaders, and the
• Oversees the church’s use of technology for worship, including worship and music databases
(SongSelect, Planning Center etc.), sound & projection software and hardware
• Oversees equipment and instrument maintenance and purchases
• Develops and manages a ministry budget
• Works closely with, and reports to, the Senior Pastor
What is Greeley like? Greeley is a fast-growing city of just over 100k people, an
hour north of Denver, in Colorado’s Front Range Urban Corridor. Greeley’s also the
home of the University of Northern Colorado and Aims Community College, with
nearly 20,000 students between them. There’s a lot to love about Greeley.
Bethel Baptist Church, established in 1901, is a growing, multi-generational congregation, committed to
the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ here in Northern Colorado and throughout the world.
Located on a hilltop directly across the street from the University of Northern Colorado, Bethel is poised
to see significant growth in the next few years. Bethel is a member of Converge, a movement of
churches working to help people meet, know and follow Jesus.
To apply, or for more information concerning the position, compensation, or the church, send your
resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: Up to $10,000 per year, assuming approximately 10 hours per week.