Part-time Worship Leader/Pastor
Calvary is a new church in south Commerce City (directly northeast of Denver). We have a heart for our community and our desire is to glorify God by making joyful, passionate disciples of Jesus. As a church, we don’t strive to be perfect or impressive, but we do seek to point people to the one who is: Jesus. He is central to why we exist and gather, and how we live our lives.
Calvary is looking for someone interested in joining our leadership team as a worship leader, with the intention of becoming a pastor/elder. We have a leadership team committed to a bivocational model of church leadership, and we are seeking candidates with a similar commitment.
- Love Jesus
- Love the Bible
- Love the church
- Love people
- Are humble and teachable
- Have a desire to grow in exploring their ministry gifting and leadership.
- Affirm the distinctive beliefs of the Calvary Family of Churches.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Attending bi-weekly elder/shepherding meetings (either in person or via phone call).
- Planning and leading musical worship weekly for Sunday worship gatherings.
- Eventual building of worship ministry team to help lead musical worship in collaboration with worship pastor.
- Growing as disciple and leader of others within the church.
- Regular reading assignments in Christian theology, devotion, and church leadership.
This is a part-time stipend position – compensation: $500/month (with potential increase if fundraised).
Workload should not exceed 10 hours per week.To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org