The Journey Baptist Church (Elizabethtown, KY) Pastor
The Big Picture
The Journey Baptist Church (facebook.com/TheJourneyChurchElizabethtown) is a small Southern Baptist fellowship seeking a bi-vocational pastor to shepherd the flock through preaching, leading and pastoral care.
The Journey Baptist Church is a small Southern Baptist fellowship in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. Founded in 2011 as a house church, The Journey is a welcoming and diverse community of Christ followers with an informal and contemporary worship style, along with a strong commitment to Biblical integrity and life transformation. The church has deep roots in local addiction recovery ministries, and has a track record of faithfully supporting state, national and international missions.
Located 50 minutes from Louisville and 15 minutes from Fort Knox, Elizabethtown is a vibrant and family-friendly community with a population of approximately 30,000 people from a cross-section of ethnicities, cultures and religions. “E-town” includes a historic downtown, scenic neighborhoods, and a beautiful park, along with thriving business, recreation, and education offerings. It’s a great place to live.
We are seeking a Bi-vocational Senior Pastor to shepherd our church body toward more fruitful service for the greater advancement of God’s kingdom in our local community and beyond, as we embark on a new phase of The Journey’s role in the unfolding of God’s great redemption story. The Senior Pastor is responsible to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and to teach the Bible in a way which clearly communicates the practical impact of the message on our lives and choices. The Senior Pastor will engage in pastoral care ministries, as he leads the church body in answering God’s calling on the people of The Journey at such a time as this. The Senior Pastor shall exercise oversight of all areas of church life and of the staff, both ministerial and non-ministerial. The Senior Pastor will be a vision caster, leading the church to understand, embrace, and accomplish its mission to make disciples both locally and globally.
- Called of God and set apart to the gospel ministry, called by the Holy Spirit and confirmed by a body of believers through ordination (Acts 20:28; Titus 1:5; 1 Timothy 3:1)
- Agrees with the statements in the “Baptist Faith and Message” (2000 revision)
- Qualified to minister in the church as required in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture
- Exemplifies a godly character, is compassionate toward others, and demonstrates a high level of competence
- Possesses at least a 4-year Bible college degree from an accredited institution
- Has established a demonstrably strong track record of consistent faithfulness to Christ and effectiveness in the duties of a pastor
$25,000 – $35,000
Please look over the job description and the church Facebook page. Along with your resume please answer these four questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor for The Journey Baptist Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at The Journey Baptist Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of the Baptist Faith and Message.
What is your bi-vocational plan?
Please send your resume and the answers to these questions to Jason@LancasterSearch.comTo Apply: Jason@no-feepastorsearch.com