Bad Axe Church (Sterling, WI) Pastor
The Big Picture
Bad Axe Church (badaxechurch.com) is seeking a full-time Pastor to shepherd the people of God, preach the Word of God and equip the church for works of service.
Pastoral Responsibilities and Duties:
- Have a strong prayer life preparing for service, sermons and studies.
- Devote time for sermon preparation and study of God’s word.
- Preach the truth from God’s word, give the gospel from the pulpit on Sunday mornings, stand for Christ in our community.
- Teach Sunday school if needed.
- Lead and teach Wednesday night Bible study.
- Give counsel to people when they need it.
- Minister to the youth, including teaching Instruction class.
- Perform weddings, including premarital counseling.
- Support church ministries, such as Vacation Bible School and other activities that go on at our church.
- Perform funerals, hospital visitations, and visit shut-ins.
- Participate in church board meetings.
- Take care of incoming mail, emails, ministry related phone calls, etc.
- The applicant must be a man (1 Tim 2:12).
- A man called by God to the ministry.
- Previous pastoral experience is preferred, but not required.
- Married to one wife and has never been divorced (1 Tim 3:2).
- Truly loves his flock and will practice faithful service (1 Pet 5:2, Acts 20:28).
Our church is located in western Wisconsin near Viroqua. Our current pastor is retiring due to ongoing health problems. He has served us faithfully for 18 years. Our congregation size is around 85 to 90 people. Our average attendance for Sunday morning worship ranges from 40 to 60 people. We have shut-ins and elderly that are forced to stay home and watch live streams or listen to the radio broadcast because of health problems. We do not have the typical elder board but instead are governed by a church council. This council consists of a President, three Deacons (assist the Pastor), three trustees, a treasurer, and a secretary. Our Sunday school program takes place before the worship service and goes from September to May. Because our church is small it does not have a parsonage; our current pastor owns his own home. We will assist in any way possible to help the incoming pastor to find a place to live.
Compensation and benefits: Salary $51,000 – $57,000, Workman Compensation Insurance, and Christian Health Sharing Medical Plan
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Bad Axe church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of Bad Axe Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Bad Axe Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to Jason@No-FeePastorSearch.com
To Apply: Jason@no-feepastorseach.com