Mt. Pleasant Evangelical Friends (Village of Mount Pleasant, OH) Pastor
The Big Picture
The Mount Pleasant Evangelical Friends Church (facebook.com/mountpleasantfriends) is a Bible-based and Christ-centered church seeking a full-time Pastor.
The Mount Pleasant Evangelical Friends Church is a historic church located in the Historic District of the Village of Mount Pleasant, Ohio. Our Friends/Quaker predecessors originally came to the area to escape eastern communities that had slavery and to establish (or found) the village in 1803. People in the church and the village made this an early center of abolitionist activity, as well as a well-known haven for fugitive slaves on the Underground Railroad. Historically, the church also led the way for Friends moving west of the Alleghenies and provided some leadership in the revival of the Second Great Awakening in the United States. We continue to promote Christian education, ministry, and local/global missions in our desire to magnify the Lord’s name and to bless the people around us.
We stand uncompromisingly for the inspired Word of God and seek to:
- Exalt the central figure of our faith, the Lord Jesus Christ, in life and worship,
- Apply the unchanging principles of God’s Word to modern life, and
- Bring others around us to faith and to discipleship as mature believers in Christ.
As a church, we seek a pastor who will partner with us and lead us to fulfill those goals. Among the qualities that we believe will make for a successful pastorate here are these:
- A devoted and passionate relationship with Jesus Christ,
- A seminary education and some pastoral experience,
- A desire to enjoy our setting and to work with our denominational partners,
- A warmth of personality to which people will be drawn (privately and publicly),
- A capacity to empathize with hurting people and a burden to help them,
- A competence to lead the church and to some extent the community, and
- A clear communicator for preaching the Word and casting a local vision.
Salary range: $60K-$70K
Please look over this job description and the Facebook Page. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at MPEFC?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of MPFC?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of MPEFC?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to Jason@No-FeePastorSearch.com
To Apply: Jason@no-feepastorsearch.com