Craigville’s Pastor will joyfully lead this congregation, devoting himself to prayer and the ministry of the Word. His character – above reproach, temperate, hospitable, managing his own house well, not self-willed, not quick tempered – will be an example to the congregation and will protect the gospel witness in our community. He will faithfully shepherd the members and attendees of Craigville, seeking their growth to spiritual maturity, and equipping them for the work of the ministry. He will guard against false teaching and straying from the faith. He will encourage the church in following the commission in Matthew 28:18-20. He will lead, knowing he will give an account to God for his stewardship, submitting himself to the authority of God’s Word and other Craigville Elders.
The Pastor will demonstrate the character and teaching abilities described in passages such as Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7. The Craigville Bible Church Search Committee will require the following evidences of a candidate’s qualifications for Pastor:
- Strong agreement with Craigville’s Statement of Doctrine.
- Ordination, licensing, or recommendation to the ministry from a church of like faith and practice
- References of character and ability
- Clear background checks (e.g., Criminal Record, Child Abuse and Neglect)
The Craigville Bible Church Search Committee may also consider:
- Theological education
- Previous vocational experience in the ministry
- Audio or video samples of sermons
- Existing blogs, journal articles, social media posts, or other written materials
- Additional items as requested by the committee (e.g., questionnaire)
MINISTRY OF THE WORD
- The Pastor will lead Craigville’s preaching and teaching ministry. Recognizing that God’s Word is central to church life and spiritual growth, he will ensure that Craigsville’s main worship gatherings feature expositional preaching. The Senior Pastor will devote himself to the study of God’s Word.
- The Pastor will collaborate with the other pastors and/or Elders of the church to coordinate the preaching schedule for worship services. The Pastor is expected to be the primary preacher on Sunday mornings and to ensure that the pulpit is filled by faithful preachers when he is absent.
- The Pastor will collaborate with the other pastors and/or Elders to appoint teachers and identify topics for other teaching opportunities (e.g., Sunday School).
- The Pastor will devote himself to prayer. He will regularly pray for the members of Craigville Bible Church.
- The Pastor will model the commands and examples of Scripture during public prayer at church gatherings.
- The Pastor will lead the church in a culture of prayer, in which members regularly pray for one another.
- The Pastor will lead in planning the order of worship to include expositional preaching, prayer, Scripture readings, congregational singing, and the ordinances.
- The Pastor will serve in the rotation of service leaders, who call the church to worship, read Scripture, and pray during worship services.
- The Pastor will oversee the church’s practice of the ordinances, including believers’ baptism and monthly observance of the Lord’s Supper.
- The Pastor will seek to preserve the unity of the church, building a culture of love for one another and leading members through reconciliation when necessary.
- The Pastor will demonstrate faithful membership to the church.
- The Pastor will lead the church in a culture of love, fellowship, and hospitality, through the forming prayer groups, and other small groups.
- The Pastor will collaborate with other pastors and/or Elders to conduct membership interviews, recommend candidates for the church’s affirmation of membership, and assist transitioning members with finding a new church home.
- The Pastor will provide leadership with situations of church discipline, in accordance with Scripture.
- The Pastor will collaborate with other pastors and/or Elders to ensure members and regular attenders of the church receive ongoing pastoral care.
- The Pastor will provide counseling to church members and regular attenders, and if necessary, refer members to trusted counselors outside of the church.
- The Pastor will conduct pastoral visits to hospitalized members, regular attenders, widows, and shut-ins and perform requested pastoral services (e.g., weddings, funerals) as appropriate.
- The Pastor will serve as an example of personal evangelism.
- The Pastor will encourage and lead the church to declare the gospel in the community and among the nations.
- The Pastor will lead by example in engaging the Craigville community, seeking to see disciples of Christ multiply.
- The Pastor will ensure completion of ongoing administrative tasks of the church. This responsibility includes overseeing church staff and volunteers in their responsibilities.
- The Pastor will oversee a healthy deacon ministry. He will communicate church needs to deacons and delegate tasks to the deacon body.
- The Pastor will collaborate with the Elders to set the agenda for and lead Ministry Council and Congregational Annual meetings.
- The Pastor will consult on church financial matters, such as advising on the annual church budget.
- The Pastor will be the primary point of contact for church members, former members in ministry, Craigville’s missionaries, and supported ministry organizations.
COMPENSATION: Craigville Bible Church’s annual budget provides salary and benefits to the Pastor. Additionally, a housing allowance may be provided for the candidate. The Craigville Bible Church Search Committee anticipates a financial package of $55,000 to $75,000 commensurate with experience. The distribution of salary, health insurance, medical reimbursement, retirement, or other designated benefits will be determined upon hiring.
The Pastor will be considered a full-time employee. However, the church expects the Pastor to organize his time in order to have adequate rest. The Pastor will receive 21 days of annual leave, including weekends, with a maximum of 3 Sundays.
APPLICATION: Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references to the chair of the Craigville Bible Church Search Committee, Richard Fernez, through email CBCSearchCommittee@craigvillebiblechurch.org, by mailing it the postal address provided. The Craigville Search Committee will request additional information as needed (e.g., completion of a candidate questionnaire, additional references).To Apply: CBCSearchCommittee@craigvillebiblechurch.org