Pastor/Director of Worship and Media
Director/Pastor of Worship and Media Profile:
- A Godly man who demonstrates the Fruit of the Spirit and a personal walk with God.
- Elder-qualified (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- Agrees fully with Crosspoint’s doctrinal statements and governance documents.
- Generally supports the current ministry philosophies of Crosspoint Bible Church.
- Gifted in the planning and leading of God-honoring, Biblical, participatory, culturally relevant worship.
- Musically gifted, able to teach and lead others.
- Technically astute, proficient with computers, website maintenance and graphic design.
- A humble man who submits to authority and connects well with people.
- Preferably, at least 5 years’ experience in leading worship with a full band.
Director/Pastor of Worship and Media Job Description:
The Director/Pastor of Worship and Media reports directly to the Lead Pastor, under the authority of the Board of Elders. The Director/Pastor of Worship and Media will oversee the Worship Team and related activities, delegating as appropriate. The Director/Pastor of Worship and Media will also provide oversight to any media-related staff that may be hired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Worship Services
The Director/Pastor of Worship and Media will oversee, plan and implement all aspects of our corporate worship time, including the music, prayer, Scripture reading, media and other elements. Our worship should be Biblically sound and culturally relevant, while incorporating psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. The Director/Pastor of Worship and Media will work closely with the Lead Pastor to define themes and goals for each service.
The Director/Pastor of Worship and Media will promote corporate and personal worship, teaching Biblical worship principles to the congregation. Delegating when appropriate, he will engage others in participatory worship whenever possible, to include special services and groups such as choirs or instrumental ensembles. He will recruit, develop, and shepherd worship team members, empowering others to grow in their ability to lead.
The Director/Pastor of Worship and Media will provide leadership to all worship team members, scheduling them for service, assisting them when possible, and providing them with adequate materials (music, etc.). He will ensure that all rehearsals are conducted in an efficient and effective manner. He will provide encouragement, support and shepherding to all team members. He will also serve as the Chair of the Worship Ministry Council Team.
The Director of Worship and Media will oversee all media aspects of Crosspoint Bible Church, including media for worship, streaming services, our website, logos and other designs. He will ensure that we have a consistent, professional looking design across all platforms, engaging support as needed. He will address design, strategy and technical issues for our website, social media presence, and all official communication from the church office.
The Director/Pastor of Worship and Media will administer all required worship and media related logistics, to include maintaining equipment, developing annual budgets, contracting work as needed, required reporting, etc.To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org