Countryside Christian Church, 1483 Burr Oak Rd
Oshkosh Wi, 54904
Countryside Christian Church is a Bible believing church with a caring heart. We believe every person can and must be saved by personal and free decision to respond to the gospel by trusting in Jesus Christ alone as Lord and Savior. The Pastor/Elder’s role is to work with other men, all of which are considered co- equals and have been called to be Elder’s /Shepherds at CCC. Their role is to develop, communicate and equip the church for gospel growth within our fellowship, and gospel outreach to our community and the world.
We are an independent, fundamental body of believers. We hold to a historical – grammatical (also known as “literal”) way of interpreting the Bible. We believe that the Church began with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, and that the unifying theme of the Bible is the glory of God. We are neither Pentecostal nor Reformed in our beliefs or practices. Our polity is congregational.
We believe that the gospel is the Word of God, which is sufficient in itself, through the power of the Holy Spirit, to enable a response in all who hear God’s appeal to be reconciled to Him (John 6:63; Hebrews 4:12). We believe that all people are sinful and responsible for their sin, but they are also responsible for answering God’s universal call for men to be saved (Titus 2:11). We believe that the Bible teaches that Christ died for all people (1 John 2:2), which is why God promises to save any who come to Him in faith (Romans 10:11–13; Revelation 22:17). We believe that Christ genuinely desires all of humanity to be saved (Luke 5:32; 19:10; 1 Timothy 2:4–6; ).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the families, members, and friends at Countryside. This must be done as one of a team of co-equals, made up of other Elders. The goal is building a unified body dedicated to Exaltation, Edification and Evangelism in its mission to bring glory to Christ.
- Prepare and deliver scriptural sermons that are applicable, inspiring, and in full agreement with Countryside’s Statement of Faith.
- Provide biblical counseling or mentoring as necessary or requested.
- Oversee one or more specific programs of the church ministry: evangelism, youth, family, discipleship, Christian education, Pastoral care, women’s, men’s, seniors, and children’s ministries.
Teach the Word of God in a variety of settings to include, but not limited to, Sunday school, small group bible studies.
- Champion the value of missions and evangelism in the congregation. Provide oversight of programs and ministries to challenge the congregation to grow in this area of their spiritual lives.
- Visit and pray with those who are ill, injured, hospitalized, shut-in, and those who are or have just gone through serious trials in life.
- Be of Sound character and integrity, meeting Biblical qualifications for an Elder/Pastor as outlined in bylaws of Countryside Christian Church. (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1; 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Show a history of compassionate character, demonstrating the activity of the Holy Spirit with fruit as listed in Galatians 5.
- Complete agreement with Countryside Christian Church’s statement of faith.
- Hold regular posted office hours for 24 -32 hours per week at the church facility at varied times. Includes time for the smooth running of the church, oversight of worship, shepherding, and meeting with other Elders and volunteer ministry leaders.
- Preach at least 75% of Sundays within a calendar year. Be present in the services the remaining Sundays unless Sick, on vacation or sabbatical.
A Godly man who demonstrates the Fruit of the Spirit and a personal walk with God. A Strong encourager and lover of people.
A demonstrated gifting and background in preaching God’s word – has experienced the challenge of sermon prep and delivery on a regular basis.
Has undergone Bible College or another ministry training (Bachelor’s degree or higher) Seminary is preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Pastor, or equivalent experience in another full-time ministry is preferred.
Have a testimony of his personal conversion and commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Theological perspective that is fundamental, conservative, and adherent to the inerrancy of the whole Word of God.
Live or willing to relocate within 15 miles of the church building.
To apply please send a letter of interest, resume and sermon link to:
Countryside Christian Church, Attn: Jeff Smith, 1483 Burr Oak Rd, Oshkosh Wi, 54904 or firstname.lastname@example.org , Attn. Jeff Smith in the subject line
Countryside offers salary and benefits commensurate with training and experience.
Full or Part time work may be considered based on the needs of the applicant.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1718To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1718