PASTOR OF ADULT MINISTRIES
Weekly Attendance: 300
Location: Sequim, Washington
The Role: Pastor of Adult Ministries
Meet Dungeness Community Church:
Since its start in 1976, the Dungeness Community Church purpose is to share the truth of the Gospel, demonstrating God’s love and communicating His word with as many people in the town of Sequim as possible. We are an elder-led organization whose Lead Pastor works closely with other pastors in efforts to lead and establish our small groups and ministry programs. Hallmarks of our church include worship, prayer, discipleship, and many available ministry services, and these have flourished over the years. Our strengths lie in our dynamic ability to teach. Regardless of one’s background or situation, Dungeness remains passionate to see others grow in their relationship with Jesus, each other, and the community.
About the Pastor of Adult Ministries:
The Pastor of Adult Ministries is to facilitate the development of small groups, adult ministry programs, and adult education opportunities. The Pastor of Adult Ministries will work under the direction of the Lead Pastor to lead and establish programs and procedures to promote discipleship, evangelism, marriage enrichment, and help members discover and employ their faith. The responsibilities include a concentrated focus on the leadership of Dungeness small group programs as there are currently 18 groups with 2 tracks – one that sets its own agenda, and another that utilizes the sermons.
The Pastor of Adult Ministries Responsibilities Include:
- Small Groups | Promote, expand, manage and support small group ministries.
- Assimilation | Oversee programs & procedures to welcome and integrate newcomers into the DCC family.
- Program Development | Work with Lead Pastor and key ministry teams to develop programs & procedures to promote discipleship, evangelism, marriage enrichment and help members discover & employ their areas of giftedness in appropriate ministries.
- Men’s & Women’s Ministries | Provide oversight & guidance to the Men’s & Women’s leadership teams.
- Young Adult Ministries | Seek to develop attractional ministries for young adults.
- Adult Visitation | Assist in the visitation of those requiring personal pastoral care.
- Counseling | Provide pastoral guidance to members in keeping with staff policy.
- Preaching & Teaching | Assist with preaching & teaching as directed by Lead Pastor
- Other | This position works in close coordination with the Lead Pastor. Primary responsibilities. may change over time as the ministries of DCC develop and grow. The duties listed above represent the primary duties as they exist at this time.
- Personal Walk | Maintain & model a vital and growing walk with the Lord through committed Bible study and prayer. This particular person must demonstrate the character qualities of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7 & Titus 1:6-9).
- Family Life | Honor your family as a top priority, striving to balance the needs of your ministry with the needs of your family.
- Staff Life | We place a high value on teamwork and seeking to outdo one another in showing honor (Romans 12:10). This includes follow-through on commitments to each other, communicating well, and working collaboratively.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- 5-10 years of ministry experience.
- Seminary degree preferred.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Has experience with change.
- Comfortable with visitation.
- Humble servant of Christ.
- Can work well with others.
- Consistently growing spiritually.
- Married with children preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to initiate.
What it’s Like to Live in Sequim, Washington:
Sequim, Washington is a small, suburban community in Clallam County with a population of about 7,200. Most residents are homeowners and the town is very accommodating to families and retirees. In this relaxing area, the cascades, straits, ocean, and the Olympic Mountains surround locals with all their glory. The people are generally friendly, and they are part of a small-town atmosphere with larger cities within commuting distance. This town is proportionally diverse and welcoming. Housing and rent are very affordable and the education system is above average. Due to the ample farmland, there is excellent access to healthy and organic food choices. If you prefer outdoor activities like hiking, fishing, kayaking, hunting, and sightseeing, this is the place for you.To Apply: email@example.com