Associate and Assistant Pastors
Pastor of Community Formation and Care (Assistant Pastor)
Mission: To create, maintain and participate in the systems/ministries/relationships that connect people to the life of our church, lead people into greater involvement in the body and provide compassionate care for our people so they might grow in Christlikeness.
- Maintain a vibrant walk with Jesus through prayer, Scripture reading, silence/solitude, confession, and the practice of a personal pastoral “Rule of Life.”
- Maintain healthy relationships between work, rest, and family.
- Work with the staff to create an honest, healthy and loving environment to serve.
- Be a hospitable presence to the people of Grace Chapel.
- Contact and integrate newcomers into life at Grace Chapel.
- Lead individuals through our membership course two times a year.
- Provide pastoral oversight to our Men’s Ministry Coordinator and serve on our Men’s Ministry Committee.
- Provide pastoral oversight to our Women’s Ministry Coordinator.
- Oversee Small Group Ministry.
- Develop and oversee systems to provide shepherding care and regular check-ins with Grace Chapel members.
- Provide compassionate pastoral care to others by being available for 1:1s, coffee dates, discipleship relationships, visitations, etc.
- Work with the lead pastor to provide premarital counseling to young couples.
- Assist in leading Sunday Morning Liturgy, including preaching 10 times a year.
General Staff and Elder responsibilities
- Attend Staff Meetings
- Attend Elders Meetings
- Monthly 1:1 with Lead Pastor
- 3 years ministry experience
- Can be ordained in the PCA
- Aligns and identifies with the culture, vision, and mission of Grace Chapel.
- Competitive with comparable positions in the PCA/commensurate with experience.