Associate and Assistant Pastors
Pastor of Evangelism and Discipleship
General Description: The role of the Evangelism & Discipleship Pastor is to partner with WEFC ministries in developing fully devoted followers of Christ by intentionally building adults who know Christ and passionately pursuing those without Christ.
- Model and develop a culture of evangelism and disciple-making.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, and equipping of personnel to serve in Discipleship Ministries.
- Maintain and refine existing Evangelism/Discipleship Ministries and evaluate the need for different ministries.
- Strengthen and deepen the impact of Life Groups and D- groups in growing numbers of adults involved.
- Oversee and provide leadership to the Staff and Volunteers (i.e. Adult Sunday School, MOPS, Life Groups [9 – 15 people mixed gender], D-groups [3 – 5 people, same gender, disciple-making groups], Young Adults, Seniors, Welcome, and Men’s & Women’s Ministries) with a focus on the fulfillment of the church mission and calling.
- Work with the Kids & Student Ministries to help parents to be primary disciplers of their children.
- At the direction of the Lead Pastor, provide assistance in the following areas:
- Be available for personal counseling within the congregation.
- Provide pastoral care including hospital visitation, prayer for the sick, premarital counseling, etc.
- Assist in Sunday morning responsibilities including preaching, baptisms, baby dedications and communion as deemed appropriate by the Lead Pastor.
- Pursue continued personal growth and development through reading, conferences, etc.
- Fulfill other duties as needed for the success of the entire team or as specified by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain and model a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ that is alive and active.
- Build and maintain relationships: with those at WEFC, those far from God, and those within his family.
- Commitment to grow and develop in our calling, core values, and ministry expectations.
- Continued lifestyle of personal and professional growth.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
To Apply: email@example.com