Associate and Assistant Pastors
Pastor of Marriage & Family Ministries
Click here to view complete Opportunity Profile
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Pastor of Marriage & Family Ministries oversees the Family Life Zone and heads the Marriage & Family Ministries Department. This position primarily serves the congregation by providing ministries to nurture, uphold and strengthen Christ-centered marriages and families. This position reports to the Executive Pastor. This is a full-time, salaried (exempt), Zone Leader position with benefits.
- Family Life Zone Leadership:
- Provide oversight and leadership to the Family Life Zone including guidance, encouragement, brainstorming and support to the Kids Ministry Pastor and Youth Pastor.
- Work with the Mission Leadership to provide input on strategic plans and budgets for the Family Life Zone departments and then monitor the accomplishment of those plans and budgets.
- Work together with the Family Life Zone pastors to help ensure we have a robust and thriving ministry to Kids, Youth and Families overall.
- Marriage & Family Ministries Department:
- Bring vision, leadership and programming to nurture, uphold and strengthen Christ-centered marriages and families of the congregation and as a resource to the local community. (i.e.: pre-marital classes, marriage retreats/seminars, divorce care, family events, etc.).
- Liaison with local Christian counselors to provide referrals as necessary and oversee the Counselor Referral list.
- Develop and execute an annual Strategic Plan for the Marriage & Family Ministries Department.
- Develop a fiscally responsible budget and ensure the department operates within its confines.
- Provide leadership and oversight to department staff.
- Oversee and teach our Adult Baptism class and participate in baptism weekends.
- Pastoral Liaison:
- Serve as pastoral liaison to assigned ministry teams or strategic partners to give oversight and, as needed, help recruit, equip, appreciate and motivate leaders: Adoption & Foster Support Groups, Denver Institute for Faith & Work.
- General Shepherding:
- Share in the pastoral shepherding of the congregation by participation in “Pastor of the Day” (POD) and “Emergency Pastor on Call” (EPOC) rotations, officiating weddings and funerals, fulfilling Compassion Fund requests, Hospital visitation, Pastoral counseling and care, etc.
- Work Schedule & Meetings:
- Work Schedule: Must be available to work at least 44 calendar weekends per year for worship service coverage as well as special services (Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, etc.). Up to three additional weekends away to “Grow Fruit on Other’s Trees” may be requested for non-honorarium, ministry purposes (retreat, mission trip, training conference, etc.). Such requests require advance approval to ensure adequate pastoral coverage.
- Office Hours: Keep regular office hours (as much as possible).
- Meetings: Attend all required staff meetings and retreats (“Devos & Prayer”, Monthly All Staff, Annual Retreat, etc.)
- A Christ honoring life marked by personal holiness, prayer, bible study, spiritual and emotional maturity and increasing dependence on the Holy Spirit (Titus 1:6-9, 1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Unquestionable integrity specifically in areas of handling finances, relationships and time management.
- A person who understands and models the Christian principle of servant-leadership.
- Someone who is eager, flexible and has a teachable spirit.
- Seminary degree with at least 15 years of full-time ministry experience preferred but equivalent ministry experience and bible college degree is acceptable.
- Pastoral gifting; naturally shepherds with strong gifts in servant leadership and pastoral care.
- Proven skill in equipping and releasing leaders into ministry (Eph. 4:16) as well as experience in team building and training people for ministry.
- Respect for and ability to present the various orthodox, biblical views of the marriage relationship (i.e.: Egalitarian, Complementarian, etc.).
- A self-starter – always learning from books, others and life experiences with a commitment to excellence.
- Comfortable in interdenominational and multicultural settings.
- Solid computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Prior completion of an official pastoral license or ordination process comparable to Colorado Community’s preferred but not required.
- In full agreement with Colorado Community’s “Statement of Faith” and wholeheartedly embraces and champions “Who We Are”.
- Supportive of the structure and leadership of Colorado Community Church (i.e.: Christ centered, Board governed, Staff led, Congregation Mobilized).
- A clear call to pastoral ministry and affirmation in that role.
- A belief in the essential nature of the marriage covenant and a love for families.
- Strives for excellence in all work duties and is passionate about seeing others succeed.
Note: While we will entertain all candidates, seasoned pastors who are 50 years and older are encouraged to apply! All applications will be treated with confidentiality.To Apply: https://coloradocommunitychurch.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=45&source=aWQ9MTk