Pastor of Worship and Youth
Pastor of Worship and Youth
At: The Light of Christ Anglican Church (TLC), 4000 W. Yale Ave., Denver, CO 80219
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Competitive with benefits—based on experience and qualifications.
As Worship Pastor, you lead TLC’s worship music ministry and oversee the worship team.
As Youth Leader, you have oversight of TLC’s ministry to middle and high school students.
This position reports to the Sr. Pastor.
*Candidates who only want a part-time position as either Worship Pastor or Youth Pastor (not combined) are also welcome to apply.
Summary of Vision for Worship Music
The goal of the worship leader(s) is to connect the congregation to God through the ministry of worshipful music that enriches the whole worship experience.
Summary of Vision for Youth Ministry
The goal of the youth leader is to provide discipleship and formation for the Christian youth in a culturally relevant way while equipping them for the next phase of young adulthood.
This role requires a vibrant relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, affirmed giftedness for worship leading in a church context, a heart for youth, and a wholehearted commitment to the TLC family.
- Must be committed to a growing personal relationship with Christ
- Value corporate worship and the place of the church community in personal discipleship
- Invest in healthy relationships with family and friends
- Take seriously an exemplary Christian life in which love for God translates into love for His people
- Recognize and practice regular sabbath rest
- Commit to spiritual and ministry growth through the engagement of good spiritual disciplines: prayer, the study of God’s word, materials that are profitable for growth in the ministry, etc.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities
- Lead worship at our worship services, preferring heartfelt over perfunctory, authentic over performance
- Work closely with the Sr. Pastor in planning worship services to enhance harmony and flow
- Skillfully select and lead TLC in songs that are theologically sound, congregationally inspiring, and liturgically sensitive
- Be a pastoral presence and leader for the worship team
- Lead efficient and fun worship team rehearsals
- Build the music slideshows on ProPresenter for each service
- Oversee the youth ministry vision, content, and structure
- Be the primary leader and teacher at youth meetings, gatherings, and other activities.
- Create an approach that appropriately engages and equips youth of different stages (middle school and high school)
- Equip parents of youth as primary disciplers of their children through beneficial and biblically-aligned resources
- Communicate regularly and effectively with parents about upcoming plans, updates, topics, etc.
- Adhere to, communicate, and enforce policies to ensure the safety of our youth
- Take the lead in recruiting and supporting volunteers for the youth ministry
- Facilitate bi-monthly young adult gatherings
- Two years of experience in related ministries
- Bachelor’s degree
- A clear testimony of humble and vibrant faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
- Commitment to Anglican Ethos. You do not have to be already Anglican to apply, but the willingness to embrace the Anglican tradition is necessary
- More than two years of experience in related ministries
- Ability to navigate music and sound infrastructure
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Pastoral traits
- Ability to grasp the wider pastoral vision and work with the pastor toward a common goal
- Ability to motivate volunteers
- Has a healthy, biblical understanding of, and relationship with, authority
- We also want to know ways to make you enjoy what you do
How to Apply
- Send a cover letter and resume including at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide recordings of three songs led by you. These do not need to be polished. We simply want to hear you play, sing, and/or lead
At The Light of Christ, our ministry goal is to see the power of the Gospel touch everyday people. Therefore, we hold the following values highly:
- Authentic worship
- Discipleship rooted in Scripture and connecting with our lives
- Community where people find a sense of belonging
- Seeking opportunities for a missional presence in our local community
To learn more about us, please visit www.tlcdenver.org.To Apply: email@example.com