Youth and Children's Ministry
Pastor to Students and Families
The Associate Pastor to Students and Families is responsible for planning, promoting, and implementing the ministries related to the students and families of First Baptist Alcoa. This involves overseeing the nursery, children’s, and student ministries.
While the role is responsible for overseeing the above ministries, the main desire of the elders is a candidate who will grow in their pastoral heart, abilities, and responsibilities, with an end goal for First Baptist Alcoa to be a congregation wherein we may develop faithful pastors.
Our church is elder-led and values expository preaching.
- Hold a Sunday morning Bible study or class during our Sunday school hour
- Host weekly Wednesday night student activities during the school year
- Our current structure includes dinner together, teaching, and then small group discussion after. Structure may change at your discretion; the idea is to emphasize sound teaching, friendship, and growth in students’ personal lives.
- Plan events throughout the year (hang-outs, summer camp, mission projects, etc.)
- Provide pastoral oversight for FBA Kids (birth-5th grade)
- This includes curriculum oversight, working with volunteer teachers, and working alongside our Children’s Director to oversee our EPIC Kids program.
- Schedule nursery volunteers
- Fulfill the duties and calling of an elder (see 1 Timothy and Titus)
- This includes preaching every 4–6 weeks, attending biweekly elder meetings, providing counseling for church members, leading a small group, and other pastoral responsibilities.
- Attend and aid the staff/elders with facilitating church-wide and community events
- Examples of events over the last several years include a fall festival, Trunk or Treat, Summer Basketball Camp, and fellowship gatherings.
- Maintain regular office hours with time available for pastoral counseling, staff interaction, your own personal growth and spiritual discipline, and other regular shepherding needs.
How To Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Include an updated resume and examples of your teaching or preaching.
Additionally, to gauge how your personality would mesh with our elders, staff, and congregation, we would be curious to hear your answers to the following questions:
- What five books have been most influential to your life or ministry?
- What do you see as the biggest threats facing the church today?
- Who is your biggest ministry role model and why?