First Baptist Church (Centerville, IA) – Pastor
The Big Picture
First Baptist Church (https://firstbaptistchurchcenterville.godaddysites.com) is seeking a pastor to preach God’s word, shepherd the church and impact the community with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The mission of First Baptist Church is to be a united Christ-like family of believers who praise and worship God, thus following the Holy Spirit to birth believers as we teach and obey the Bible, fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20), and minister in love to the needs of the Body of Christ and the community.
FBC’s Senior Pastor will joyfully lead this congregation, devoting himself to prayer and the ministry of the Word. His character – above reproach, temperate, hospitable, managing his own house well, not self-willed, not quick tempered – will be an example to the congregation and will protect the gospel witness in our community. He will faithfully shepherd the members of FBC, seeking their growth to spiritual maturity, and equipping them for the work of the ministry. He will guard against false teaching and straying from the faith. He will lead, knowing he will give an account to God for his stewardship, submitting himself to the authority of God’s Word.
The Senior Pastor will demonstrate the character and teaching abilities described in passages such as Titus 1:5-9 and I Timothy 3:1-7. The Pastoral Search Committee will require the following evidences of a candidate’s qualifications:
- Strong agreement with FBC’s Articles of Faith, Church Constitution, Church Mission Statement, Administrative Handbook, and the Statement of Faith as adopted by FBC on April 22, 2002 (copy attached to bottom of job description).
- Ordination, licensing, or recommendation to the ministry from a church of like faith and practice.
- References of character and ability.
- Clear background checks (e.g., Criminal Record, Child Abuse and Neglect).
The Pastoral Search Committee may also consider:
- Theological education.
- Previous vocational experience in the ministry.
- Audio or video samples of sermons, existing blogs, journal articles, social media posts, or other written materials.
- Additional items as requested by the Pastoral Search Committee (e.g., questionnaire, more references).
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at First Baptist church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of First Baptist Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of First Baptist Church?
To Apply: Jason@no-feepastorseach.com