Accounting and Bookkeeping
We are seeking a person to update payroll data, execute payroll procedures, do payroll reporting, and analysis. At OMF (U.S.) we are working to show God’s glory to the world with a focus on East Asia. Through a wide variety of outreaches and partnerships, we are mobilizing individuals, churches, college campuses, and faith communities to find creative ways to share the hope of Christ with the people of East Asia.
- First contact person regarding payroll, tax queries and retirement contributions.
- Train timesheet employees and their supervisors in use of payroll service.
- Process and post monthly payroll for members, associates, staff and retirees via a payroll service.
- Maintain details and documentation for payroll activity and member histories.
- Complete the monthly cycle with verifying accurate posting the general ledger, census reporting, reconciliation set up and transfer retirement funds.
- Monitor taxes and reporting being calculated and submitted by payroll service, including annual W2’s and Affordable Care Act information.
- Determine member retirement contributions quarterly.
- Familiarity with;
- IRS requirements and changes.
- OMF policies and procedures.
- Finance departmental policies and procedures
- OMF Personnel Handbook instructions.
- Assist members and retirees with;
- Annual budgets.
- Annual filings concerning foreign banking, tuition and scholarship applications.
- Employment and compensation verifications.
- Insurance reporting as needed (ie: Worker’s Compensation and Foreign Liability).
Finance Department Related
- Review Accounts Payables documentation to ensure accuracy and post.
- Distribute monthly income and expense reports for supported home-staff.
- Petty Cash reconciliation as needed.
- Back-up for journal entries posting.
- Send documents from the Finance Department to those who go to the field the first time.
- Other projects and duties, such as payroll analysis, creation of payroll RFP when needed.
- Participate on committees as assigned, invited or encouraged to do so.
- Love for Jesus Christ and growing relationship with him.
- Passion for East Asia and reaching its peoples for God’s glory.
- Expertise in Excel and Word.
- Experience with Access a plus.
- Payroll processing, certification and/or equivalent experience (two plus years preferred).
- Income tax training, with two plus years preferred.
- Experience with running payroll software preferred.
- Some knowledge of accounting preferred.
- Organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Communication skills.
- Team player.
- Good with mathematics.