Accounting and Bookkeeping
|JOB TITLE:||Payroll Specialist|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Financial Services/Controller||Title IX Role:||Responsible Reporter|
|FLSA STATUS:||Non-Exempt, 20-40 hours||Location:||Flexible|
|Grade:||7||Hourly Range:||$18.20 to 21.00|
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB FUNCTION:
Responsible for all payroll tasks, including processing of monthly payroll, administration of our external payroll system (currently Paylocity), reconciliation and payment of employee benefits, and reconciliation of payroll reporting. Also responsible for monthly journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger accounts that pertain to payroll. This position assists with Human Resources matters as well, especially as it pertains to Paylocity data, and survey reporting.
- Process and reconcile monthly payroll, including faculty pay, housing allowances, federal work study, etc.
- Reconcile and submit payment for employee benefits
- Account reconciliation and statistical analysis
- Research and inform management of current payroll tax issues and requirements
- Provide analytical payroll reports for Director of Finance
- Establish payroll processes and procedures
- Review and revise payroll policies in cooperation with the Director of Financial Services
- Administer paid-time off and communicate process to employees
- Tax reporting
- Reconcile quarterly and year-end tax information returns (941’s, W-2’s, 1042’s, etc.)
- Establish new tax accounts in other states based on staffing needs
- Human Resources
- Provide back-up support in entering and maintaining employee information
- Provide analytical reporting for Human Resources using Paylocity data
- Creates & maintains communications pieces to explain how their pay is calculated
- Accounting degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- 3+ years prior accounting and payroll experience preferred
- Knowledge of Excel required, experience with Paylocity preferred
- Experience with nonprofit payroll processing, including ministerial housing allowances, a definite plus
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Must be professionally and customer service focused and able to maintain confidentiality
- Must have the ability to organize, communicate, problem solve, research, initiate and manage projects effectively and accurately.
- Knowledge of multi-state employment payroll responsibilities preferred
- The ability to multi-task and to work as part of a team is essential
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Payroll Specialist supports this mission by:
- Accurately process payroll.
- Employee base understands how their pay and time-off is paid out.
- Meet deadlines while maintaining departmental standards.
- This person will grow personally, professionally, and spiritually as a member of Denver Seminary.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.To Apply: See above website