Administrative and Clerical
The Personnel Administrator is an individual with a clear understanding of the strategic role administration support plays in advancing the spread of Christ’s Kingdom in East Asia by enabling workers to serve long term. The Personnel Administrator is a team player who engages in various personnel support areas.
Assist Hiring Process
• Administers new hire paperwork for new employees and staff. Onboarding and new orientation training for hourly staff.
• Helps facilitate hiring for staff and some employees.
• Keep employees’ files up-to-date both electronically and legally. Be in compliance with the storage of exited employees’ files.
• Keep I-9 files updated for all employees and exited employees.
• Process FMLA requests.
• Assist and update some job descriptions. Responsible for listing open positions, forwarding resumes to hiring supervisors, email responses, and removing listings when position has been filled.
• Keep all Labor Law posters required updated in the Littleton office. Downloading and emailing Labor Law posters to all employees working in other states across the U.S.
• Responsible for new appointees hiring paperwork. Follow up once approved to go to the International Orientation Course with insurance and 403(b) paperwork and emails.
• Requests for verification letters of employment.
Manage Processes Related to Payroll
• Responsible for the Monthly Stats report and meeting. Putting together the initial report, running the meeting, and sending the final updated report by email.
• Work with the Finance Department on issues that overlap the two departments for employees.
Oversee Insurance Benefits
• Initial enrollment for all those signing up for the OMF Envoy 403(b).
• Administers OMF U.S.’s benefit offerings, the 403(b)-retirement plans.
• Oversee and support the ministry of Insurance Benefits Administrator
• Oversesing or Processing mail received for employees from Aetna. This includes mailing out insurance ID cards, scanning and email important letters, and supplying letters to those going overseas with proof of legitimate health insurance.
Maintain the International Personal System (IPS) for U.S.
• Update and maintain the IPS system to keep all information up-to-date.
• Add or exit staff /members as appropriate. Along with ordering the omfmail account to be set up.
• Keep positions and titles updated with changes.
• Track Home Assignees coming from and returning to the field.
• Responsible for the monthly Stats Report. This includes meeting with those on the committee to talk about the changes from month to month and to keep departments updated.
• Approve provisional HA’s through the IPS Manager Worklist. Responsible for moving along HACF for the US VP’s for Personnel.
• Keep updated HA information on a monthly spreadsheet if necessary.
• Answering all emails and phone calls within a reasonable time to support missionaries and employees with a wide range of questions.
• Go through mail for Personnel received at the Littleton office.
• Provide a session during HA Essentials
• Other duties as assigned.
• Passion for East Asia and reaching its peoples for God’s glory. Experience in cross-cultural ministry preferred.
• Agrees with OMF International’s vision, mission, and values.
• HR training and experience are recommended.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, email, and data entry.
• Communicates well in English to a broad and varied audience.
• Has an interest in missions and cross-cultural experience.
• Possesses a high degree of initiative, thoroughness, and accuracy.
• Must be highly motivated and able to work independently. Possesses good time management skills and can meet deadlines.
• Other duties as assigned.