Community Bible Church – Olathe, KS
The Plant Pastor at Community Bible Church (CBC) is a servant leader who is called to make disciples through church planting. The Plant Pastor will begin his role at Community Bible Church, spending up to two years in training with other CBC Pastors, developing and organizing a team that will go to plant a new church, and work to develop and implement a church planting strategy.
He leads individuals and the church to develop a heart for and engage in the work of building the kingdom, and will have all the responsibilities of preaching, pastoring, leading, and shepherding the planted church.
- Deep commitment to Jesus Christ and the Scriptures
- Full affirmation of the U.S. Mennonite Brethren confession of faith.
- Become a member of Community Bible Church during the two year training period.
- Has a clarity of the call to evangelism and church planting.
- A teachable and service-oriented heart and gifting.
- General character qualifications matching those listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9, and the characteristics of Galatians 5:22-23, demonstrated in a mature and growing relationship with Jesus.
- Strong desire and calling to reach the lost with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Must have a strong passion for God’s Word, having a firm grasp of scriptures and be committed to continued study of the Bible.
- Experience and/or training related to international and/or local missions is helpful.
- Ability to train and equip other leaders, interpersonal skills to lead and develop volunteers.
- Capable communicator via phone, email, etc.; able to connect with others with warmth, grace, and clarity.
- Must be able to unite and motivate people to become more Christ like and reach out to others.
- Master of Divinity degree preferred
- Preaching and teaching – adhering to the Bible as the inerrant word of God
- Prayer – seeking the Lord’s power, help, and leading in all things
- Shepherding and leading – promoting spiritual formation within the church
- Administration and oversight – Planning and management of church plant
Individuals interested in this position, please send resume to the CBC Plant Pastor Search Team lead, Kirk Carlson, firstname.lastname@example.orgTo Apply: Kirk Carlson email: email@example.com