Pod Educators for a Reimagined Christian Academy
WHO WE ARE
Mountain House Ministries (MHM) is a Christian private membership association that offers faith-based education and adventure through TREK Adventure Club for our members. We are a community of families seeking to give our children an extraordinary education and solid spiritual foundation for a fruitful life. MHM is rooted in fostering a lifelong pursuit of knowledge, wisdom, and understanding through purposeful and passionate service to God and mankind. We believe passion, critical thinking and inspiration coupled with knowing God will produce the next generation of self-sufficient and productive community members.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of our Luminary Team and a Mentor to one of our pods at MHM, you will be responsible for leading a group of between 10-15 learners (children), ranging in a dedicated age range, in all subjects rooted from a Christian Worldview. As a luminary/mentor, you will be responsible for lesson development and planning, leading discussions, encouraging deep thought and hands on experiential learning. You’ll collaborate with other luminaries to create fun and engaging daily routines to build our children’s passion for learning and bringing a one-room schoolhouse into a modern mixed-ages studio. Mountain House Luminaries will be personalizing the learning experience to each of their learners, and ensuring our learners are mastering skills, not regurgitating information.
DUTY BEGINS: August 28th – September 1st, 2023
32 hours per week
Monday through Thursday 8:15 am – 4:15 pm
2023-2024 SESSION BEGINS: September 5th, 2023
SESSION ENDS: June 6th, 2024
- Serve the association for the number of days in the official session calendar
- Perform duties as assigned by the administrator, work cooperatively with the Administrator and other association members (luminaries, directors, mentors)
- Devote reasonable out-of-learning time to program development, learning plans and collaboration with the association’s other luminaries
- Sponsoring and attending association activities, fundraisers, QUEST days, and other events hosted by the association
- To know and Love God. Exuding and modeling Christ-like behavior is of the utmost importance and is interwoven into all our daily instruction
- Be dependable and a team player. Pillars of teamwork, dependability and timeliness will allow us to accomplish our goals
- Providing guidance, motivation, and support to all learners at their individual learning level
- Bring a fun and excited outlook to our learning environment. Positivity can go a long way in making the day a good one!
- Be flexible. You never know when things are going to go unplanned. It is essential that you’re able to go with the flow and improvise with a smile
- Memorizing all emergency procedures and enforcing ministry covenants
- Maintaining proper safety, CPR and first aid training (must have current certificate)
- Provide a safe, patient, and compassionate environment for all learning members to feel supported, safe, and comfortable
- Provide daily mentoring and progress evaluation/feedback. Managing studio education as well as contributing to QUEST Days
- Preparing and notifying members of their children’s development during scheduled progress meetings
- Management of your designated learning pod, as well as any joint learning lessons you are designated to facilitate
- Communication with member parents, providing updates where required and answering questions about our learning environment, their learner’s progress and learning within our studios
- Communicating with administrator/administration with any updates, information, or occurrences daily
- Attend our designated Chapel Services hosted at our studio
- Participate in a Lunch Shift rotation with other Luminaries at the Association on a regular basis
- Participate in Outdoor Shift rotation with other Luminaries at the Association on a regular basis
- Participate in Drop Off and Pick Up Shift rotation with other Luminaries at the Association on a regular basis
- Greet members and families during drop off and pick up when onsite
- Ensure your space is locked, lights off and applicable doors locked before departing each day
- Upkeep, Cleaning, maintaining, and ensuring proper use of studio facilities and equipment, including participating in a towel washing rotation with other luminaries on a regular basis
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience working with children in group settings, managing and leading a learning environment, and creating lesson plans
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- High level of responsibility and accountability
- CPR qualified and First Aid training
- A passion for education and early child development
- Leadership skills to guide and motivate learners throughout the session
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking and willingness to personalize learning for each child
- Excellent communication skills to convey information to administration, parents, and learners
- Interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with other luminaries, members and learners
- Ability to evaluate and work effectively with any emotional and behavioral problems
- Have patience and understanding with children
- Christian worldview
WHY JOIN US?
At Mountain House Ministries, nothing is more important than inspiring our future generation to explore learning through personalized experiences in Academics and Adventure. We’re a small grassroots organization focused on reimagining what education should look like by modernizing a one room schoolhouse model, and done through a Christian worldview. We are a tight knit group of educators and members that truly values one another, and we want to build a community for which we can all thrive within.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please contact Erica Bull with questions and/or formal resume via email email@example.com. Please also feel free to explore our website to learn more about us, and our membership by visiting mountainhouseministries.com and submit our online application to accompany your resume.