Helping people become passionate, devoted followers of Christ.
Preschool assistants are adults, 18 years and older, that provide paid childcare to families and ministries at Platt Park Church. Platt Park Church often offers paid childcare to its groups and ministries. Offering childcare in this way is a service to those groups and families. A successful preschool assistant will be responsible: showing up on time, not using their phone during working hours, will abide by the policies and procedures within the Platt Park Church Children’s Ministry Manual.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Will be responsible for the safety of each child watched
- Will read the Children’s Ministry Manual and/or attend a Children’s Ministry training
- Will have knowledge of child safety practices
- Will not look at your mobile device while working
- Will engage each child and be present with them
- Will clean-up after each session
- Will be on time for each session
- Will use kind and encouraging language
- Age and Education Level: Be at least 18 years old
- Experience: Will have at least one year of babysitting experience.
- Personal Characteristics: Will be kind and like being with children, will be responsible
- Certifications: Beneficial to have a babysitting class or certificate
- Physical abilities: needs to be able to lift at least 25lbs. Needs to be able to carry or safely get children out of the building if there were an evacuation, able to sit on the floor
- Background Check: needs to pass a background check
- Application: needs to fill out an application
Pay starts at $15/hr and is based on experience and age. Pay is given in cash unless the annual amount is projected to exceed $600 per year. In this situation, pay will be given by check from Platt Park Church and adult will need to fill out appropriate IRS form
To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org