Teaching Positions (non-pastor)
The preschool director is responsible for organizing and overseeing the preschool program to ensure proper leadership and exciting daily sessions where young children can be taught basic skills needed for school in a Christian atmosphere.
Position: Preschool Director
- Plan and organize the curriculum, daily schedules (including snacks) and related requirements.
- Encourage and equip the Preschool Staff. Including but not limited to: Direction and annual review of their teaching duties; maintenance of their teaching duties; maintenance of the Preschool staff’s personnel files, including the record of in-service reequipments; and advocate on the Preschools Staff behalf for budget considerations; turn in payroll hours to treasurer.
- Be the principle contact for the Preschool parents/families.
- Accept calls from parents of perspective new students and arrange for all follow-up actions needed.
- Additionally, assist the parents in ordering of Scholastic books and other similar items.
- Coordinate with the Church Council for all promotion, advertising.
- Parents newsletter, and announcements for church newsletter.
- Collect tuition payments monthly and follow up on any unpaid balances.
- Fill out bank deposit slips for the finical Secretary and Treasure.
- Responsible for purchasing of supplies in accordance with the budget.
- Participate in the leadership of the monthly staff meetings.
- Oversee and maintain records of mandatory drills: Fire and Storm. Fire/Storm procedures (posted in rooms). Other items as directed by the Church or Nebraska DHHS. Including: Maintaining health and immunization records; filling out month Tile XX reports.
Accountable To: Church Council as head of staff internal policies and budget accountability State Licensing Agency for State Licensing Agency for State regulations and standards.
Reports: Work with the Pastor and Treasure to develop monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
Minimum Education Levels: Must meet at least two.
- Have a written Department approved plan to acquire at least six semester hours, or the equivalent thereof, or 36 clock hours of Department approved in-service in the area of child development or early childhood education in a period not to exceed 12 months.
- Have a minimum of 6 credit hours, or the equivalent thereof, in early childhood education or child development.
- Have a minimum of 2 years verifiable experience in preschool education, as indicated by a positive reference from a parent of an enrolled child, a former employer/supervisor, primary education teacher, early childhood teacher, or child development teacher.
- Have a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
- Hold a certificate of training, community college certificate, associate degree, or bachelor degree in fields relate to the education of children from birth to eight years (e.g. child development, early childhood education, Montessori certificate, elementary education, or special education).
Certifications: Director must pass prior-to-hire background checks by the State of Nebraska. Director must maintain a current CPR/First Aid Endorsement.
Length of Service: Annual Review with Church Council as head of staff.
Hourly Expectations: 30 hours per week. 8:00 AM noon daily (20 hrs). 2 hours daily for planning and preparation. (10 hrs). Preschool Operations roughly follow the OPS School Calendar.To Apply: Todd Bellamy email@example.com or 618-335-0296