IT and Web
Product Owner – Donate Site
Supervised by: Director of Development Services
Location: Remote or InterVarsity National Office Madison, WI
To advance the purpose of InterVarsity, the Product Owner of InterVarsity’s Donate Sites will be a key leader in managing the delivery of effective donation experiences for InterVarsity’s online donors. In addition to the portfolio of donate sites, products, and services; the role will be responsible to communicating with key external and internal stakeholders and end users, including donors, vendors, contractors, InterVarsity leadership, while continually driving change and innovation to maximize InterVarsity’s donate sites.
- Be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ: growing in love for God, God’s Word, God’s people of every ethnicity and culture, and God’s purposes in the world.
- Model wisdom and maturity in the balance of family, church, and ministry life.
- Be a lifelong learner who prizes the discipleship of the mind; particularly staying current on issues of technology innovation, product management disciplines, process improvement and leadership.
- Oversee the end-to-end product life cycle of the InterVarsity’s various donate sites.
- Create and maintain a flexible roadmap based on a strategic combination of product needs, ministry needs, and budget allowances.
- Create and lead a flexible working team of key InterVarsity stakeholder leaders (e.g. Marketing, Ministry Partnership Development, Alumni, Donor Services, UX Design, Information Technology team, etc.) which will provide guidance, leadership, feedback and direction to Product Owner on a regular ongoing basis.
- Manage and maintain a backlog of improvements and fixes for the product using the InterVarsity product and project management frameworks in partnership with Information Technologies.
- Ensure product strategy and mission strategy alignment through regular collaboration with Development leaders and other internal and external stakeholders
- Create, manage, and maintain a cohesive license and budget strategy for each assigned product, coordinating with the Platform Owner where necessary.
- Define, build, and measure key metrics to measure product success
- Regularly gather feedback and requests for fixes and enhancements from individuals and groups who use the product, and anticipate audience needs to further the use of the Product(s).
- Regularly synchronize any vendor roadmaps with the internal product roadmap.
- Be the strongest voice of advocacy in the organization for effectively use the Product(s).
- Align InterVarsity’s Donate Sites to InterVarsity’s brand and style guides.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate effectively with corresponding ministry function owner of assigned products to meet ministry function objectives
- Collaborate and partner with the Development Teams (Marketing, Ministry Partnership Development – MPD, Alumni, Donor Services, etc.) to create effective donate site(s).
- Partner with the Director of Technology Platforms to maintain productive and healthy vendor relationships.
- Partner with the Director of Technology Solutions to communicate clear development needs.
- Partner with the Director of Technology Operations to ensure that the operations team is prepared to administer any assigned products.
- Partner with the Director of Support and Solutions to ensure that is the support and solutions team is prepared to support the product.
- Partner with the InterVarsity Project Management Team to run projects on schedule and help to manage organizational change.
- Partner with the Director of InterVarsity UX Design to ensure user design
- Manage the communication of product changes to key stakeholders and end users in the organization.
- Develop a team of prayer and financial support.
- Raise an agreed-upon amount of financial support annually.
- Establish and nurture ministry partner relationships through visits, phone calls and regular prayer letters.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- A designated office space is assigned at the National Service Center, or a home office
- Required travel includes, but is not limited to training sessions, meetings and conferences.
- Regularly required to communicate with others, and routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, etc.
- Evening and weekend availability for special projects and on-call for emergencies
- Annually affirm InterVarsity’s Statement of Faith and abide by InterVarsity’s Code of Conduct
- Thorough knowledge of or the ability to learn: the purpose, vision, ministries and policies of InterVarsity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Web Development, or other related degree is preferred.
- Prefer 2 years of product management experience.
- Proficiency with product management disciplines
- Excellent knowledge of documentation policies, procedures, and systems of internal control
- Leadership experience managing and implementing successful, comprehensive programs to achieve goals
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making, and delegation.
- Strong vendor management skills with the ability to negotiate contracts.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills with a high capacity for solving problems and managing complexity
- Strong theological acuity and spiritual maturity
- Ability to synthesize and deliver complex information to diverse audiences both verbally and in writing in a simple and straightforward manner
- Excellent relationship builder and team player who is able to collaborate effectively with all levels of staff, and management
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work in a diverse team environment. Cross-cultural abilities, including conflict resolution and leadership when crossing cultures
- Ability to handle all matters in a confidential manner
- Working knowledge of Agile Project Management
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft software applications
- Preferred working knowledge of Wrike, Salesforce, Drupal, and HTML.
- Ability to travel as required