Summary of Position:
The Promotions Director position exists to influence this generation to love and follow Jesus through culturally relevant media. This position promotes listening to WayFM in strategic ways in the market(s) that WayFM broadcasts in. This is accomplished by ensuring the radio station is active in the communities served through station promotions, contests, community outreach initiatives, gaining station access to events and social media.
Character and Spiritual Qualifications:
- Is a born-again believer of Jesus Christ and maintains faithful fellowship with other believers (Hebrews 10:25). Acts as an extension of the ministry of WayFM using established cultural values as a guide and displays integrity in professional and personal life in accordance with Biblical standards and moral boundaries policy of WayFM. Has a heart for service, exhibits a teachable spirit, a high level of energy, self-motivation and enthusiasm and demonstrates character as exemplified by the Fruit of the Spirit.
- The successful team member will also understand, embrace, and consistently exhibit the Five Core Virtues of the ministry. The Core Virtues are: “Bleeds the Mission”, “Positive and Fun”, “Problem Solver”, “Proactive Diligence”, and “Can-do Attitude”.
- Highly motivated team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in computer software systems including Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Apple products. Ministry By Text, Canva/Photo Shop, HootSuite, WordPress or similar type software.
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, plan and execute radio station promotions and community outreach events.
- Ability to set-up and tear down promotional tents, banners, tables, etc. Able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Able and willing to accept supervision.
- Collaborates well with others, trustworthy, honest, dependable and is passionate about the outreach of WayFM
- Excellent written and verbal skills, and organization.
- Attentive to detail and able to handle multiple tasks at once
- Flexible schedule to work at station events on evenings and weekends within a 40-hour work week.
- Ability to be diplomatic in public and performance environments
- Prior experience in radio promotions or in a similar field.