Services (Janitorial, Maintenance, Construction, Housekeeping, Landscaping, etc.)
Property Maintenance Technician
This role is responsible for assisting the Facilities Manager in maintaining private family residences and light commercial properties, mainly in the SW Denver, CO area, and including a mountain home. This Property Maintenance Technician position will help the Facilities Manager to identify, prioritize, and oversee all building operations, maintenance, safety/security system, pool/spa, and the management of regular contract maintenance performed by third-party vendors. The successful candidate will provide hands-on, day-to-day maintenance of the properties, conduct in-depth inspections and audits of all equipment and building systems, and complete routine maintenance checklists and logs. This is an exceptional opportunity for an energetic, motivated, service-oriented professional eager to grow their professional maintenance and leadership skills.
Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager, this role will deliver superior service, fiercely protect the privacy of the families, and strive to preserve and enhance all properties. The Property Maintenance Technician must be comfortable working within private home settings, with shifting priorities. The ideal candidate is physically fit, computer savvy, seeking a long-term position, and able to manage multiple tasks in a timely fashion. This role is ideally suited for an established professional with a professional Property Maintenance background in private residence service.
Travel in support of remote facilities maintenance may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing hands-on, proactive daily facilities and grounds maintenance, including, but not limited to:
- Light electrical
- Roof repairs
- Appliance repair
- Outdoor furniture refinishing
- Assist with snow removal (plow, blower, shovel) as needed
- Assist with vehicle and watercraft maintenance and detailing as needed.
- Completion of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly punch lists and maintenance schedules.
- Supporting the coordination and oversight of building and landscaping contractors, architects, designers, engineers, and other consultants or sub-contractors as may be required.
- Monitoring and prioritization of family “fix-it” requests.
- Close collaboration with the Facilities Manager and household teams to ensure flawless delivery of all services.
- Providing weekly reports to the Facilities Manager.
EDUCATION AND WORKING STYLE
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully:
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Seven plus years of handyman, residential construction, facilities maintenance, and/or mechanical systems experience, preferably in a private residential setting.
- Experience in basic maintenance repairs, plumbing, electrical, painting, HVAC, carpentry, and pool/spa.
- Experience with complex mechanical systems, including electrical, lighting control, generators, UPS systems, plumbing, fire sprinkler, and HVAC.
- Ability to operate various hand and power tools and equipment used in construction such as power saws, drills, planers, sanders, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining the confidentiality, safety, security, and privacy of a private employer.
- Associate degree (A.A.) from an accredited institution preferred.
- Experience working with MS Office is necessary, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Efficient written and verbal skills – fluent in the English language. Familiarity with Spanish is a plus.
- Efficient computer skills, comfortable working with a Smartphone, and ability to communicate via text.
- Physically fit, as this is a demanding position. Must be able to stand, walk, and lift items throughout a standard shift. May be required to lift/push/pull up to 75 pounds.