Administrative and Clerical
Valor Christian High School provides an academically rigorous program, grounded in biblical truth, that prepares students for the highest levels of academic performance and leadership in college and beyond. As the Registrar you will play a primary role in the effective functioning of the academics program at Valor through ensuring the fidelity of student records and supporting the reporting of data to the academic leadership, teachers, and outside organizations. The position engages with the counseling team on a day-to-day basis and also positively influences the broader academic culture of the school.
This role is ideal for a person that can manage a high volume of requests but also takes initiative to improve the functioning of systems during slower cycles. You would be the perfect fit for this role if you love data, its integrity, and enjoy serving others with your strong organization and administration skills. Strong customer service skills are also a must.
The Registrar is exceptionally detail oriented and takes initiative to ensure the accuracy of records and data in a variety of systems.
Valor Christian High School is a decidedly Christian, college preparatory school whose core values honor a biblical foundation. Valor employees are faith-filled, joyful believers who are active in a local, Christian church whose beliefs are in alignment with the school’s Statement of Beliefs. They are both called and committed to the school’s vision and mission and seamlessly integrate faith into their daily work. You will be most successful if you have a true servant’s heart, a teachable spirit, a love for the Lord Jesus Christ, and a commitment to the school’s beliefs and values.
Possess and Model a Growing Relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live a life that reflects that authenticity
- Model the fruits of the spirit in communications, relationships and daily work
- Demonstrate teachability and a willing heart for service
- Embody others-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate Trustworthy Commitment to Valor’s Christian Community
- Accept and uphold Valor’s values and beliefs as found in the Statement of Beliefs, Christian Community Policy, and Valor Culture Document
- Accept and abide by all affirmations in Valor’s Annual Statement of Commitment
- Be relationally involved in the life/lives of our students with a heart of service and mission
- Seamlessly and deliberately integrate Biblical truth and Christian values into daily work
- Maintains full responsibility for student files and all electronic student data from admissions through alumni status
- Provides accurate reports including, but not limited to, transcripts, report cards, eligibility, GPA, class
- rosters, ACT scores, enrollment, and others
- Effectively and timely communicates with other schools related to transcripts and records for transfer students
- Monitors and communicates status of student academic standing to various stakeholders
- Maintains current training and expertise in the use of the schools SIS
- Assists with and understands the process for creating a master academic schedule
- Maintains International Students enrollment with the Department of Homeland Security through the SEVP program and the SEVIS database.
- Provides additional support to the Dean of Academic Services, Academic Coordinator, counselors, teachers, and coaches
- Supports counselors in programming and evening events, as requested
Serve Wholeheartedly as an Exceptional Teammate
- Uphold and embody Valor’s culture as set forth in the Valor Culture Document
- Model servant leadership, grace and love in all relationships and interactions
- Develop relationships with colleagues with goals of teamwork, relational unity and spiritual growth
- Provide team support regarding all matters, processes and initiatives
- Demonstrate loyalty to teammates in action and word
- Assist Team members to facilitate school-wide wins
Demonstrate a Commitment to Fulfilling Valor’s Vision and Mission
- Assume collaborative responsibility for Operating Plan Goals and Fiscal stewardship
- Be a ‘culture- keeper’
Demonstrate a Commitment to Growth
- Participate in Valor Team meetings, Chapel and meetings with Team/Supervisor
- Demonstrate teachability and receptive to feedback
- Pursue professional/personal/spiritual growth and development
- Participate in the broader ministry of Valor by contributing of time, talent and treasure beyond assigned role responsibilities
- Dean of Academic Services
- Lead Academic and College Counselor
- Academic and College Counseling team
- Academic Leadership
- Academic Coordinator
- Teachers and Staff
Productively fulfilling this role helps the rest of academics to perform effectively. Students, parents, faculty, and staff have complete confidence that the data entered and retrieved in Valor’s academic database is accurate.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree or experience as shown below
- 3 or more years of relevant and meaningful previous experience with educational databases, accounting, or bookkeeping.
- Prior software experience with Scoir and Veracross is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service
The same basic physical demands described here are the same for all employees to successfully perform the essential functions of their jobs. Employees must periodically lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and could occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral/depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are varied and include classroom, office, and outdoor events while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is also varied.
POSITION TYPE: C-Schedule, Salary
HOURS PER WEEK: Full-time
SUPERVISOR: Lead Academic and College Counselor
PAY RANGE: $40,000 – $50,000
START DATE: April 11, 2022To Apply: https://govalor.com/join-our-team/?p=jobotnRifwJ