Resident Volunteer Program
The Resident Volunteer (RV) position was created to foster a place for those who are being uniquely drawn to work with those in poverty, serve the broken and marginalized of the world. You will be exposed to and encouraged to open your heart to things that will be painful. Our community is made up of a diverse group of people who draw from many years of experience working with diverse human issues.
Joshua Station (JS) is a part of Mile High Ministries. This Ministry has worked in downtown Denver for 30 years focusing on issues of poverty, social justice, and compassion for those in the margins. Ten churches desiring to engage and share the love of Christ with the disenfranchised started Mile High Ministries to bring hope and healing to the poor; today we operate several ministries. We are intentionally an ecumenical Christian organization.
The focus of the Resident Volunteer program is relational ministry. The purpose of the program is to live incarnationally as a healthy neighbor at Joshua Station, a transitional housing program for formerly homeless families. Our desire is that you contribute 10 hours a month if you are an individual and 15 hours a month combined as a couple in relationship building service to your neighbors.
An essential part of the Resident Volunteer program is also about building community with your fellow Resident Volunteers and the staff at Mile High Ministries.
Resident Volunteer Responsibilities
Your commitment to Joshua Station includes:
- Attending all community dinners on Thursday evenings at 6pm.
- Attending all Town Hall meetings on the first Wednesday of each month at 6pm.
- Attending all monthly Resident Volunteer meetings.
- Provide a minimum of 10-15 hours a month of volunteer time to JS.
Resident Volunteer Benefits
Benefits of becoming a Resident Volunteer include:
- Discounted rent – Resident Volunteers pay between $400 – $600 per month, per unit.
- Coaching and mentoring from experienced Christian leaders serving in an urban context.
- Join a beloved community of diverse people and take part in joyful, relational ministry.
Any interested candidates should contact Kira Leefers, Volunteer & Events Coordinator at Joshua Station: email@example.com, 720-756-7214
To Apply: Kira Leefers, Volunteer & Events Coordinator at Joshua Station: firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-756-7214