Retail and Sales
We are a locally owned, growing small business that specializes in Commercial Cleaning in search of a results-driven Sales Representative with excellent interpersonal skills to actively engage prospects with a friendly, professional, and service-oriented sales approach.
No cold-calling or brow-beating necessary. Warm and qualified leads are provided for you to set an appointment, build quick rapport, and provide a bid. Then you’ll follow up once a week until they close or decline. We don’t believe in high-pressure sales tactics; rather, we aim to find people who need our service and simply provide them the opportunity to purchase through friendly, professional relationships.
Compensation includes a base salary, commissions on a sliding scale (the more you close, the higher the commissions), and mileage. No benefits, car, computer, or cell phone are provided. As benchmarks are reached, oversight will decrease and flexibility and autonomy will increase to the point that you will be completely unmanaged as long as company targets are being hit. You will be provided 2-4 weeks of training and ongoing support, education, and coaching from our owner with over 10 successful years in sales.
Company culture is paramount for us, so if you are looking for a friendly team that is also hellbent on excellence, serving people, and achieving goals, apply now.
- Present, promote and sell services using solid explanations to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing and potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to leads provided to you. When insufficient, proactively reach out to prospects.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Update database and sales pipeline, track sales, and provide status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Sales Representative or other experience demonstrating an ability to learn and adapt to become a Sales Representative
- Excellent knowledge of basic computer and phone applications
- Familiarity (or ability to learn) CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, negotiation and communication skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Highly functional automobile, laptop, and smartphone
Frequently asked questions
What does a Sales Representative do?
A Sales Representative obtains new accounts, gradually transfers customer relationships to operations and area manager team members, revisits accounts as needed for customer relations and re-pricing, and follows a daily work schedule to adequately ensure the satisfaction of their customers throughout all purchase levels.
What makes a good Sales Representative?
A successful Sales Representative should interact with others in a friendly and approachable manner, helping maintain positive relations with prospects and customers. They need to have good time management skills and stay on task when they should be. Emotional intelligence and conversational buoyancy are important characteristics of a good Sales Representative.
Who does a Sales Representative work with?
Sales Representatives collaborate with Area Manager, who help deliver services to customers. Each is responsible for ensuring a customer’s satisfaction. Directly reports to the company COO.
- Gross salary of $3,000/mo paid on the 1st and 15th
- Commissions on a sliding scale. See chart below.
- Mileage reimbursed at that calendar year’s published IRS mileage rate
- No benefits, company car, computer, or cell phone.
- Future opportunities for advancement and bonuses based on customer/cleaner satisfaction and retention.
Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays include: New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and that Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.
- Paid Time Off is requested and approved by leadership with no company-wide standard. We focus on the results, not the amount of time it takes to accomplish the results. PTO schedule requires working with company and team members to ensure multiple people are not out of office simultaneously.