The Secondary Principal reports directly to the Associate Executive Director and prayerfully serves as the primary religious and educational leader for the West Campus 9 -12 grade. As spiritual leader of the school, the Secondary Principal is expected to nurture the faith development of the faculty and staff by providing opportunities for spiritual growth. As educational leader, the principal works with administration and students to acquire attitudes and academic skills that will contribute to their development.
This position shall ensure and maintain the mission, purpose, philosophy, and standards as established by the Denver Street School mission and Board. This position shall provide vision, leadership, and supervision for the School. The principal serves as a leader in planning, coordinating and provides oversight of school programs, student conduct, discipline, extracurricular activities, and spiritual formation to support the mission of Denver Street School.
The Denver Street School is seeking a Full-Time Secondary School Principal. The qualified individual is expected to demonstrate patience, humility, integrity, and kindness while performing his or her daily duties.
In faithful living, you are expected to:
1. Be committed to a consistent, daily walk with Jesus Christ.
2. Believe that the Bible is God’s word; standard for faith and daily living
3. Model Biblical principles in attitude, speech and actions toward others. (Luke 6:40)
4. Be Actively involved and faithful to a local church which has a Statement of Faith in agreement with the school’s Statement of Faith.
5. Demonstrate by example, the importance of Scripture study, prayer, witnessing, and unity in the Body of Christ.
6. Agree with the school’s Statement of Faith and Christian philosophy of education.
7. Have the spiritual maturity and personal leadership qualities to nurture children.
· Bachelor of Arts in Education
· Applicable Colorado License
· Master’s Degree in an Educational, Leadership related curriculum preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years teaching experience.
· Minimum of 2 years school leadership experience is preferred.
· A strong commitment to the philosophies, mission, and educational philosophies of Denver Street School.
· Reflect the purpose of the school, which is to honor Christ in every class and activity.
· The call of God to serve in academic leadership.
· Excellent interpersonal skills interacting with children, parents, and colleagues.
· Spiritual gifts of teaching, discernment, administration, leadership, and service.
· A calling from God to serve His kingdom through the mission of DSS.
· A personal faith in Jesus Christ as one’s personal savior.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Effective organizational skills.
· Continuing professional development.
· Strong analytical skills are preferred.
· Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Google is preferred.
· Flexibility and dependability.
The principal shall…
· Model Christ in word and deed.
· Motivate students to accept God’s gift of salvation and help them grow in their faith.
· Cooperate with the Board and administration to implement all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
· Supervise the Teachers
· Collaborate with the teachers in the planning or development of school curriculum and activities.
· Partner with the AED to develop and manage a budget that supports the secondary school program.
· Provide opportunities for professional development for faculty and staff.
· Lead curriculum development and maintain awareness of changes in the general education field.
· Encourage use of community resources as a means of enriching the curriculum.
· Integrate Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
· Mentor Teachers and provide them support to teach all subjects from a biblical perspective.
· Oversee the instructional program and create an atmosphere which teachers are free to be resourceful and students are stimulated to achieve their potential.
· Ensure a school climate which is conducive to creative teaching, student learning and self-discipline.
· Recruit, interview and select new students and teachers.
· Facilitate intake interviews with parents and students.
· Collaborate with the team to promote the school throughout the community.
· Develop a school climate which supports growth in self-discipline and encourages the school regulations and policies.
· Assist Teachers in the development of strategies for managing a classroom.
· Counsel with teachers and students when behavior concerns persist and confer with parents, when necessary.
· Communicate with the parents of secondary school students regrading school programs, student development and school activities.
· Lead secondary school communication strategy to ensure student concerns, suggestions, and proposals are communicated and considered.
· Assist AED in communicating expectations to staff and faculty during staff orientation.
· Meet regularly with the administrative leadership team.
· Ability to provide communication to parents and staff using various digital platforms, such as Google, Teams, Newsletters, etc.
Please review the school website to gain a better understanding of what we do.
Note: School policy requires that each successful applicant be free of past serious legal infractions as determined through criminal records check with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
To Apply: Sherry Snead / Sherry.Snead@denverstreetschool.org / Chris Fuller / Chris.Fuller@denverstreetschool.org