GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB FUNCTION:
Seminary security guards are part of the physical campus operations team with a department focused on ensuring that the campus is a clean, safe, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Responsibilities include periodic foot patrols around the campus grounds and in buildings, response to calls for assistance, enforcing parking lot policies by issuing tickets, responding to trespassers, writing incident reports, working with other Seminary staff, cooperating with local law enforcement officers and emergency responders, and ensuring buildings are locked and secured based on the schedule for the day.
- Prevents losses and damage of Seminary property by reporting irregularities and informs violators of policy and procedures.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment CCTV, and access points.
- Responds to calls for service as needed
- Ensures campus buildings are locked and secure, as appropriate to the shift being worked
- Issue tickets in conjunction with enforcement of parking lot regulations and policies
- Work with Littleton Police and South Metro Fire Rescue, as necessary
- Investigate losses and complete incident reports, as necessary
- Ensure attractive, clean, and safe campus
- Assist with administrative functions, department communications and record keeping.
- Perform on call responsibility on a rotating basis.
- Assist facilities staff as directed
- Ensure compliance with standards set forth by regulatory agencies such as South Metro Fire Rescue, City of Littleton, Occupational Safety and Health Administration and U.S Department of Education.
- Actively participate in any legal proceedings involving Denver Seminary as requested. This may involve employee and or student interactions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, College degree preferred
- Security experience/training preferred
- Prior military or law enforcement experience a plus
- Computer skills necessary to process service requests and maintain accurate records
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Self-motivated, highly responsive, and proactive.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Function as a team player and a positive representative of the department to the seminary community
- Ability to multitask and quickly adjust priorities.
- Positive mental attitude.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Security Guard supports this mission by:
- A safe and secure campus
- Prompt, professional handling of calls; professional interactions with campus community, contractors, visitors, and emergency response professionals.
- Campus parking policies are adhered to & enforced.
- High quality customer service resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is performed both in an office environment and outdoors.
This job position is moderately physically demanding and requires physical coordination. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; move heavy objects, climb ladders, use machinery, talk, hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. The position also involves extensive contact with staff members, faculty, and administration. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret communication to include text messages, emails, and reports is needed. The ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community is required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate but may be loud at times.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.To Apply: See above website