Accounting and Bookkeeping
This position offices in-person, at our business office.
The Senior Accountant is a part of a highly skilled Finance team focused on providing high quality and timely internal financial statements and reports. As a service organization, we strive to represent a servant’s heart while providing the highest level of customer service to our constituents (internal and external). In this role, the individual will be responsible for all functions related to the month-end close process, including journal entries, reconciliations, and review to ensure the integrity and accuracy of Valor’s financial statements. The Senior Accountant should possess excellent technical and communication skills and have the ability to learn and master multiple software applications.
Valor Christian High School is a decidedly Christian, college preparatory school whose core values honor a biblical foundation. Valor employees are faith-filled, joyful believers who are active in a local, Christian church whose beliefs are in alignment with the school’s Statement of Beliefs. They are both called and committed to the school’s vision and mission and seamlessly integrate faith into their daily work. You will be most successful if you have a true servant’s heart, a teachable spirit, a love for the Lord Jesus Christ, and a commitment to the school’s beliefs and values.
Possess and Model a Growing Relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live a life that reflects that authenticity
- Model the fruits of the spirit in communications, relationships and daily work
- Demonstrate teachability and a willing heart for service
- Embody others-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate Trustworthy Commitment to Valor’s Christian Community
- Accept and uphold Valor’s values and beliefs as found in the Statement of Beliefs, Christian Community Policy, and Valor Culture Document
- Accept and abide by all affirmations in Valor’s Annual Statement of Commitment
- Be relationally involved in the life/lives of our students with a heart of service and mission
- Seamlessly and deliberately integrate Biblical truth and Christian values into daily work
- Perform all bank and sub-ledger reconciliations
- Complete all month end journal entries
- Manage fixed assets and record monthly depreciation
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly statements
- Reconcile donation fund balances with GL
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Assist in the annual audit & tax preparation
- Assist Valor’s Finance Office during peak workloads as needed
- Assist in other special projects as needed
Serve Wholeheartedly as an Exceptional Teammate
- Uphold and embody Valor’s culture as set forth in the Valor Culture Document
- Model servant leadership, grace and love in all relationships and interactions
- Develop relationships with colleagues with goals of teamwork, relational unity and spiritual growth
- Provide team support regarding all matters, processes and initiatives
- Demonstrate loyalty to teammates in action and word
- Assist Team members to facilitate school-wide wins
Demonstrate a Commitment to Fulfilling Valor’s Vision and Mission
- Assume collaborative responsibility for Operating Plan Goals and Fiscal stewardship
- Be a ‘culture- keeper’
Demonstrate a Commitment to Growth
- Participate in Valor Team meetings, Chapel and weekly meetings with Team/Supervisor
- Demonstrate teachability and receptive to feedback
- Pursue professional/personal/spiritual growth and development
- Participate in the broader ministry of Valor by contributing of time, talent and treasure beyond assigned role responsibilities
This position will work directly within the Finance department. Additionally, this position will work collaboratively with other Valor staff and faculty in a variety of departments to ensure accurate and timely financial results
Valor leadership and budget stakeholders should feel wholly confident in the statements produced by the Finance department. The Senior Accountant should instill a sense of partnership with other departments and work in conjunction to achieve Valor’s goals.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or other Business related field
- Minimum of five years working in an accounting position is preferred.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner who is able to manage multiple concurrent responsibilities.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes in a growing culture
- Able to quickly and proficiently master new software applications and other technology
- Highly proficient in the use of MS-Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Highly proficient in the use of Google applications including Mail, Calendar, Drive
The same basic physical demands described here are the same for all employees to successfully perform the essential functions of their jobs. Employees must periodically lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and could occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral/depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are varied and include classroom, office, and outdoor events while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is also varied.
POSITION TYPE: C: Year-round schedule. 12-Month Calendar. This position offices in-person.
HOURS PER WEEK: Full-time, Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Director of Business Services
PAY RANGE: $58,000 – $70,000
START DATE: June 1, 2023To Apply: https://valorchristian.com/about/join-our-team?p=jobou5cmfwR