Accounting and Bookkeeping
POSITION OPENING SUMMARY
As of January 18th, 2022, Mission Training International (MTI) is seeking to find a Senior Accountant to oversee financially related aspects of the organization. This position is a full-time, 40 hours per week, on-site position.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITES
- ACCOUNTING – financial tracking that yields accurate, timely and thorough transactions, records and reports.
- FINANCIAL– financial forecasting systems that ensure financial resources for major strategies.
- BUSINESS – wise financial stewardship of staff, vendors, legal compliance and the market dynamics.
- HUMAN RESOURCES –the section of HR systems as it relates to payroll and benefits administration
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Maintaining and improving systems, procedures and schedules that produce accurate, timely and thorough transactions, records and reports, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in the following areas:
- Strategizing Cash Flow / Plan
- Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Financial Reports
- Monthly Budget preparation
- Monthly Closing – Closing out Class, Program, Petty Cash, Re-classing prepaid expenses, Reconciliations, etc.
- Annual Audit Preparation
- 990-T Tax annual tax preparation
- Quarterly sales tax reports/payment
- Accounts Receivable and other cash inflows including donations and grants, and participant program and bookstore invoices
- Accounts Payable
- ACH transactions
- Bank Reconciliations & Credit Card Reconciliations
- Invoicing Participants and Agencies for Programs
- Preparing Bank Deposits
- Managing Fixed Assets & Depreciation Records
- Correspondence with participants, donors, vendors, customers, and staff
- Overseeing Accounting Assistant or Outsourced Donor Receipting
- Report on current financial status to COO & the President
- Oversee Accounting Assistant or Outsourced Donor Receipting company
Maintaining systems, procedures, records and schedules for:
- MTI’s legal and business status as a non-profit, tax-exempt organization
- Ensuring adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Keeping insurances up to date and current, filing claims when needed
- Vendor Relationships and Correspondence – Service Contracts with vendors and monitoring financial arrangements
- Ensuring that business licenses, registrations and associations are current
- Filing, organizing, and improving Business & Finance filing record system
- Managing Credit Accounts and Renewal
- Year-end Procedures for ACH, Sales Tax, Memberships
Maintaining systems, procedures, and schedules for Human Resource Management as it relates to payroll and benefits administration:
• Has a relationship with Jesus Christ and who is growing in faith, character, and the knowledge of God.
- BA, or commensurate experience, in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Experience with reliable effectiveness in all key areas of responsibility (except HR), especially GAAP.
- Mastery in Excel and an accounting software.
¡ Mastery of QuickBooks
¡ Experience in HR & Executive Management
POSITION WORKING CONDITIONS
Working Environment: Office Physical Demands: None Travel: None, besides office commute
This is a salaried position with compensation commensurate with the candidate’s experience.To Apply: email@example.com