SENIOR PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
I. Position Title: Senior Pastor
II. Reporting Relationship: Senior Pastor reports directly to the current Senior Pastor, with the intent to
transition the current Senior Pastor into his retirement role within 12 months.
III. Position Summary: The Senior Pastor will collaborate closely with the current Senior Pastor and
Pastoral Team in vision/strategic development and will take over the primary responsibility in the day-
to-day management of the church. The Senior Pastor will free the current Senior Pastor to devote more
time to teaching and mentoring the congregation and to begin the transition toward retirement. The
Senior Pastor will be responsible for developing and leading the lay volunteers and leadership. The
Senior Pastor will assume the primary management and oversight duties with the professional staff.
IV. Church Logistics: EREFC is a congregationally led church with an appointed Board of Elders. The
church is located near St. Clairsville, Ohio, in a non-metropolitan area. Families are drawn from the
surrounding area, which has a general population of approximately 65,000. The church has an average
attendance of over seven hundred on Sunday mornings and a live stream participation of approximately
V. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Vision and Strategic Planning
Work with the current Senior Pastor to develop the vision for the church and the necessary strategies to
carry out that vision. The Senior Pastor will be responsible for creating the work plans thru staff
necessary to accomplish that vision.
1. Work in conjunction with the Spiritual Life Commission, as an asset, to develop programming and
content for the Men’s, Women’s, and Primetimers ministries.
2. Special events, including evangelism.
3. Recruit leaders and laypersons.
4. Spiritual mentoring.
Prepare and give sermons that are Christ-centered, Gospel-focused, Biblically based, and call people to a
personal saving relationship with Christ. Thus, encouraging a culture of small groups producing devoted
disciples committed to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ (Matt 28:18-20). The Senior Pastor will
preach on a regular rotating schedule with the current Senior Pastor.
To keep the Gospel central to the mission and purpose of EREFC, the Senior Pastor will prepare and give
motivating lessons to inspire various groups within the congregation.
E. Special Projects
The Senior Pastor will empower the pastoral team and the church family to undertake special events to
reach the lost and broken with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
1. Oversees and collaborates with staff to develop and implement the new members’ integration
process into the fellowship and spiritual programming of the church.
2. Develops, implements, and oversees the visitors’ integration process into the fellowship and spiritual
programming of the church.
G. Public/Community Relations
1. Work with the Administrator to develop public relations and advertising for the church.
2. Work with the Administrator to create and implement community relationships, including special events
that bring the name and love of Jesus Christ outside the four walls of East Richland Evangelical Friends
The Senior Pastor will be accountable for the following management duties:
1. Responsible for the management and performance of the professional staff.
2. Establish goals and training for the ministerial staff as well as conduct performance evaluations.
3. Attend commission meetings when needed.
4. Attend all Elder, Administrative Council, and Congregational meetings as well as Friends Annual
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2760To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2760