Blanchard Community Church
Community Church and Pastor Profile
Blanchard Community Church is a non-denominational, Bible centered, church located in Blanchard, Idaho. Blanchard is a small but rapidly growing community in North Idaho. The area is attracting many retirees as well as young families because of its rural atmosphere.
Blanchard Community Church was originally started as a home grown Sunday School in the 1930’s and has been affiliated with American Sunday School Union and Village Missions in the past. Today it is an independent self-supporting evangelical body built on the principals of sound biblical doctrine, love for one another and a caring gospel outreach to the local community, the nation and around the world.
Our physical facilities include a sanctuary, large activity room, kitchen, classrooms and offices, as well as a parsonage.
Our current ministries include, but are not limited to, monetary and prayer support of seven different mission outreaches. We have a missions committee that corresponds with these and also looks at and recommends new ministries to the Church Board as well as giving updates to the congregation. We have a women’s ministry that supports the congregation that offers compassion and kindness in times of need, as well as working with some community outreach programs. There are various Bible studies and fellowship groups as well as a men’s breakfast throughout the year.
Blanchard Idaho is surrounded by numerous outdoor type activities. Lakes and rivers have easy access for boating, fishing, and water skiing. There are four downhill snow skiing areas as well as cross country skiing and snowmobiling. Plenty of big game hunting areas, outdoor camping and 4-wheeling. December / January is normally the snowiest time of the year with an average of about twenty inches and five months have significant snowfall.
North Idaho is a mostly conservative rural area yet is still close to the larger population centers in Idaho and Eastern Washington.
The purpose of Blanchard Community Church is:
1. To preach the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to win people to a personal faith in Him as savior.
2. To worship God and to observe the ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and baptism in a manner consistent with God’s Word, the Bible
3. To teach and otherwise edify the members of Blanchard Community Church for the purpose of maintaining a personal devotion to Christ, to minister to one another, and to extend the gospel into this community and around the world.
Blanchard Community Church is looking for a full-time senior pastor that will live in the area and will lead our congregation spiritually, creating new disciples and equipping the saints for ministry. The pastor will be responsible for all aspects of ensuring the congregation is connecting with one another and building community through a strong, healthy, and biblically centered ministry. The pastor will be a part of the leadership team, which includes both elders and deacons.
1. Have the character qualities as defined in First and Second Timothy and Titus for Elder-Pastor
2. Have the desire to serve the Lord in a pastoral capacity
3. Be Committed to expositional teaching and preaching sound Biblical doctrine as outlined in our Statement of Faith. We believe in a literal interpretation of the Scriptures.
4. Be willing to visit church families in time of need (hospital, etc.) as well as visiting new attendees to encourage continued participation in BCC.
5. Have a vision for reaching unsaved people in the community.
6. Administer the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. (1 Corinthians 11)
7. Attend, as needed, the various board and committee meetings of the Church to keep abreast of developments and decisions and give spiritual direction to them.
8. Be faithful in prayer, study for his own spiritual growth and development to be an effective spiritual leader for the congregation.
Our goal, moving forward, is to maintain and strengthen the good things we have: sound teaching, active missions program, love for the brethren, a warm and friendly atmosphere, but also to encourage and attract younger people, as well as to have a more effective outreach in the community.
To apply, please contact Blanchard Community Church at