Denomination: Evangelical Free (EFCA)
Weekly Attendance: 600
Location: Park City, Utah
The Role: Senior Pastor
Meet Mountain Life Church:
Mountain Life Church began in the summer of 1992 with four families who saw a need for a solid, Bible-teaching church in the greater Park City area. Their humble beginnings led them to rent space at Carden Christian Academy (now Park City Day School) to meet for Sunday services. After a year of meeting together, the church hired Pastor Scott Fine to lead Mountain Life as its first full-time pastor. After meeting in rented space for 10 years, Mountain Life built and moved into our current facility on Silver Creek Road in January 2002. The church has grown in many ways since our humble beginnings as a small core group in 1992.
- We have a church where community and connection is in our core DNA.
- We foster an environment in which we learn together how God’s Word applies directly to our everyday lives.
- We have a talented team of full- and part-time staff.
- We have fun and exciting Kids and Student Ministries teaching the next generation about Jesus.
- We have adult Life Groups helping us grow spiritually, care for each other, and have a Kingdom impact.
- We support 9 missionaries/agencies and have meaningful global partnerships with organizations in Haiti, Indonesia, South Africa and Nepal.
- We regularly send short-term mission teams all around the world to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
- We are on mission to advance God’s kingdom in Park City, our region and the world by multiplying fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
About the Senior Pastor:
The Senior Pastor of Mountain Life Church will be key in creating and executing the vision, values, goals and objectives of the church in conjunction with the Leadership Team. He will have strategies and vision for reaching the community of Park City and growing the church in both number and spiritual maturity. The Senior Pastor will help the congregation explore the text of the Bible, bring application to life and challenge the church with Biblical truths in a challenging world. The Senior Pastor will display a spiritual maturity and demonstrate authentic relationship with Jesus Christ, living out the biblical principles we teach. He will bring clear direction and new life which will breathe excitement and expectation into the staff culture. Mountain Life is deeply invested in the community, so the Senior Pastor will encourage involvement and develop relationships with other churches and pastors. The Senior Pastor will be joining a church as plans for a new building and expansion come to fruition.
The Senior Pastor’s Responsibilities Include:
Partner with the Leadership Team to oversee all ministry activities, ensuring they align with church vision, values, goals and objectives, including, but not limited to:
- Providing Pastoral leadership through various paid and non-paid personnel, including spiritual development, discipleship, evangelism and Pastoral care.
- Partners with the Leadership Team to provide leadership and mentor other Pastoral and non-pastoral staff, for completion of day-to-day administrative and operational activities and analyzing the effectiveness of ministry activities, recommend and implement changes based on findings.
Communication with the congregation and larger community, including but not limited to:
- Developing, preparing and delivering ministry communication in order to teach and shepherd members and adherents to a life changing relationship with Jesus.
- Communicating church values within the community.
- Developing and maintaining a budget for the church and ministries.
- Oversee, guide and shepherd people in their personal spiritual growth:
- Develop, shepherd, and nurture new faith community members to enable them to make disciples that make disciples.
- Create and develop plans to engage and encourage ministry members in their own personal spiritual growth.
- Assist with the recruitment of church volunteers.
- Receive feedback from others to ensure satisfaction.
- Attend required conferences and development programs.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Seminary degree strongly preferred.
- Have at least 10+ years of ministry experience with at least 3 of those being in a leadership role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The effective Senior Pastor will achieve the following goals as a leader:
- Work with the Leadership Team to lead Mountain Life into the next season with clear vision, values, goals and objectives.
- Inspires staff as a spiritual leader and mentor.
- Support and encourage the Executive Pastor and all ministries of the church to carry out the mission work of Christ as supported by the church.
- Build relational equity in the community.
- Create and communicate clear vision and direction which can drive and create cohesion between all teachings, the staff, the Leadership Team and ministries within the church.
- Able to build bridges between generations towards a common vision.
- Promotes what we are for, not against. Able to lovingly engage cultural issues by applying a faithful biblical worldview in order to promote the Gospel in application and witness.
The effective Senior Pastor will achieve the following goals as a teacher:
- Preparing teachings for purposes of accountability and alignment with Mountain Life Statement of Faith.
- Diligent preparation of teachings, creating space to hear God’s voice for our church.
- Teaching that takes a developmental approach, with the goal of life change, and every message fitting into the larger vision and direction of Mountain Life.
- Teaching will be done with vision and discernment, which compel the church forward in action, not simply provide knowledge.
- Communication of teachings must be clear, dynamic, and accessible. Teachings will contain a spiritual depth that allows entrance into it from a diverse population of people with different backgrounds and levels of spiritual maturity.
- Exegetical preaching through books of the Bible with occasional topical teaching as the Lord leads in feeding and shepherding the flock
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Fits culturally with Mountain Life Church.
- Fits as a family unit in Park City, Utah.
- Candidate must meet qualifications of Elder in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
- Values and has enthusiasm towards outdoor recreation.( Love it)
- Has a compassionate and servant-hearted attitude.
- Has passion for local and global outreach.
- Understands team building and is able to mentor and equip others.
- Able to build community within the church and in Park City.
- Has a strong work ethic and is passionate about God and serving others.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Authentic, vulnerable, sensitive and humble.
- Spirit Led in life and ministry
- Personable and approachable.
What it’s Like to Live in Park City, Utah:
As one of the most beautiful mountain towns in the U.S., Park City attracts people from a wide variety of backgrounds. It’s the home of Olympians because of its 2002 Olympic legacy, celebrities because of Sundance Film Festival, and countless snow sports enthusiasts because Utah claims “The Greatest Snow on Earth®”. Park City is the classically western American experience and it’s all just a 35-minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport. It’s no wonder that Time Magazine just ranked Park City, Utah on THE WORLD’S GREAT PLACES – “50 Extraordinary Destinations to Explore”.
Time Magazine cited our town as a “year-round playground” and we are not surprised. America’s most accessible major ski town is also host to the biggest ski playground in the United States. In 2015, Utah’s Park City Resort merged with nearby Canyons ski resort to create America’s largest ski area. Just across the ridgeline – almost within a snowball’s distance – is the famed and ultra-premium Deer Valley Resort. .
The variety of summer activities that take you outdoors in Park City is truly mind boggling. Our historic mountain town can take you from enjoying a concert under the stars to racing down one of our hundreds of miles of mountain biking trails in the same day. And the same goes for hiking, hot air ballooning, fly fishing, horseback riding, river rafting and any number of recreation activities that will get your heart racing and your desire for Park City family fun satisfied.
Park City has a rich and diverse food scene with over 150 palate-pleasing options. There are a number of award-winning restaurants in Park City, along with local breweries, wineries, and distilleries. There’s also no shortage of casual and delicious breakfast and lunch spots, with bright and airy cafés and coffee shops around town. .
Park City is renowned for its great public and private schools and its convenient free, public transportation system that serves most of the town. In fact, Park City launched the country’s first fully electric bike-share program more than 5-years ago.
It is located approximately 32 miles southeast of downtown Salt Lake City, Utah and due to its close proximity from the Salt Lake City airport, many find Park City to be a great location for a vacation and a second homeowner destination. Also, located in the surrounding regional areas, you’ll find nearby cities like Heber City and Kamas as popular locations for many to buy homes just outside of the Park City area. These areas offer residents a small community feel and opportunities to live close enough to our growing town and Salt Lake without being in the hustle and bustle of it.
Park City offers many amenities of several suburbs but continues to maintain its mountain feel. Park City has grown and continues to develop in the area of diversity and overall community experience as well.To Apply: Alec Lloyd, email@example.com