Hastings Berean Bible Church (Hastings, NE) Senior Pastor
THE BIG PICTURE
Hastings Berean Bible Church (hastingsberean.org) is seeking a full-time Pastor to preach the Word of God and equip the saints for the work of the ministry.
To provide spiritual leadership to the church body in conjunction with the Elders, shepherding the local body, watchfully caring for their welfare, leading them in worship, promoting evangelism of the lost, and preaching and teaching the Word of God with the goal of presenting each believer fully mature in Christ (Col. 1:28). He also serves as the shepherd to the other members of the pastoral and support staff.
Salary Package ranges from $68,000 – $82,000 based on education and experience.
Package includes: salary, housing, insurance, retirement, and reimbursements; 2 weeks paid vacation due on the anniversary date of employment; 3 weeks vacation after 3 years tenure; 4 weeks vacation after 5 years.
- Meets the scriptural qualifications of an Elder and for his calling as outlined in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:2-3. Also Job Description of Elders.
- Be a man of established Christian character, sound in faith and doctrine, and qualified to preach and teach the whole counsel of the Word of God.
- Be in complete agreement (no reservations) with the Constitution of the Berean Fundamental Church.
- Trained, experienced, and committed in evangelism, discipleship, and the Pastoral role of shepherding the local church.
- Possess teaching, leadership, administrative, and organizational skills within a staff of multiple people.
- Possess (or be willing to possess) license or ordination (Council Constitution).
- Minister unto the Lord in regular personal worship and praise. He shall give himself to the ministry of the Word and prayer (Acts 6:4) and seek to walk uprightly before the Lord in his personal life. He shall seek the mind of God.
- Maintain a growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Maintain healthy and biblically pure relationships with his own family, fellow staff, and others.
- The Senior Pastor is directly accountable to the Official Board for the use of his time, the use of the church’s personnel and resources, and the performance of his responsibilities. He shall have an annual performance evaluation conducted by the Official Board.
- He is an ex-officio member of all committees and other organized groups within the Church (See Church Constitution Article V, item D).
- He shall supervise other pastoral staff in the use of their time and the church’s resources.
- He shall also supervise all support staff in the performance of their responsibilities.
- He shall delegate responsibility and authority where appropriate, establish priorities in the various minis- tries of the church, and promote the effective functioning of the total staff.
- He shall oversee support staff in the performance of their duties.
- Cultivate his own spiritual growth as well as that of his family.
- Lead the pastoral staff in the over shepherding of the congregation. He shall meet with the staff weekly for prayer, counsel, communication, planning, spiritual nourishment, and relation building.
- Diligently proclaim the Word of God with love and concern, nurturing and teaching the local church.
- Work closely with the Worship Coordinator in planning weekly worship services.
- Oversee the ordinances of baptism and communion.
- Lead and manage a pastoral and shepherding care team that focuses on home visits, shut-ins ministry, hospital visits and follow ups, and appropriate counseling.
- Promote the evangelism of the lost, principally through equipping each believer to be a witness and a testimony so that they extend into the community showing love, unity, and godly living.
- Provide leadership and support for all outreach and missions ministries both local and foreign.
- Exhort members to identify and use their gifts in Kingdom work and encourage, challenge, and equip members to lead or become involved in ministries of the church.
- Provide for the disciplining of church leadership to advance their spiritual growth and their ability to lead others in the task of making disciples.
- Through prayer and working with the board, articulate vision and provide leadership for vision implementation.
- Attend monthly District Pastor’s meetings, annual conventions, and the Berean Pastor Retreats.
- Attend conferences, seminars, continuing education classes as approved by the Official Board.
- Remain in compliance with the Pastor’s Covenant (Article V, Item E in the Church Constitution).
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Senior Pastor at Hastings Berean Bible Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor of Hastings Berean Bible Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Hastings Berean Bible Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to Jason@No-FeePastorSearch.comTo Apply: Jason@no-feepastorsearch.com