Upper Room Bible Church Mission Statement
Our church mission is to build up the body of Jesus Christ, which is the church both locally (our church) and around the world (missions’ involvement), to share the gospel of salvation to those that do not know Christ. We desire to do this by equipping our people through biblical preaching, teaching, discipleship, and service so that they in turn might be a testimony to those that need Christ.
- Church address: 455 W Orleans, Paxton, IL 60957
- Phone: 217-379-4189
- Web site: Upperroombible.org
- Type of church: Non-Denominational, evangelistic, independent, Bible-believing church
- Church Size: 150-170
- Church established in 1972
- Seeking: Full-Time Senior Pastor
- Start Date: December 1, 2022
- Minimum Salary: $65K
Key characteristics of our church body
- A strong tradition of welcoming people of any age, culture, ethnicity, or economic status, which is reflected by the diversity of our membership
- An elder-led form of church governance, with the senior pastor included as a voting member of the elder board
- Devoted to Teaching, Fellowship, Communion and Prayer (Acts 2:42)
Seeking a Senior Pastor candidate to lead a growing church
- Meets the qualifications detailed in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
- Demonstrates attitude and behavior guided by biblical principles.
- Makes time for a devotional and prayer life.
- Gifted in the following:
* Teacher (preaches God’s Word boldly and effectively)
* Leader (casts vision, calls others to action, invests in developing other leaders)
* Shepherd, displays a caring, nurturing heart and is apt to provide personal Christ based counseling to the church body.
* Ability to think strategically to continue the growth of URBC.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree or diploma in theology, biblical studies, pastoral ministry, or a related field from a college, university, or seminary.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience serving as Pastor or Associate Pastor or other related ministry with similar experience.
- Must become a member of the URBC church which includes a signed statement of faith and agreement with the church constitution.
How to Apply
- Send resume including schools attended and degrees attained
- Ministries served with dates
- Contact information for three professional references
- Include a written personal testimony
- Statement of your philosophy on pastoring a church
- Provide a means of viewing at least two examples of your teaching.
All interested applicants please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in applying for Senior Pastor of the Upper Room Bible Church
We are prayerfully looking forward to hearing from you.