Bethel Baptist is looking to hire a full time Senior Pastor who exemplifies and helps fulfill our mission to become passionate Christ followers who grow, connect, serve, and tell.
- Disciples and equips believers for the work of ministry by weekly preaching and teaching of the Word through the pulpit as well as smaller group settings.
- Employs a variety of expository and topical preaching methods.
- Oversees the administering of the ordinances.
- Seeks God’s direction and develops God’s vision for our church, collaborating with the Board of Elders, in a way that maximizes our spiritual gifts and resources available.
- Works to accomplish that vision in cooperation with the lay leaders, committees, and church body.
- Seeks to find new ways and additional resources to accomplish God’s plan for our church.
- Membership required on the Board of Elders as well as assisting ministry boards and committees in order to accomplish the mission of Bethel Baptist Church.
- Develops and supervises the church staff, providing counsel, encouragement, and Christian discipline to aid in the accomplishment of objectives for each staff member.
- Cooperates with other evangelical churches in the greater Marquette area when there is a common purpose and vision.
- Keeps a current ministry profile which is annually reviewed, evaluated, and if necessary adjusted, in conference with the Board of Elders.
- Passionately leads the church to seek to win people who do not know Jesus or haven’t fully surrendered to Him.
- Instrumental in strengthening and developing outreach ministries.
- Leads by example in areas of personal prayer, bible study, evangelism, and family life.
- Seeks opportunities to disciple individuals as well as groups within Bethel Baptist Church in order to accomplish God’s plan for us.
- Guides us in the discovery of our gifts, prepares us to use our gifts, and holds us accountable to be impactful in our sphere of influence.
- Master’s degree, preferably a Master of Divinity, or a higher degree from a recognized evangelical seminary.
- Willing to participate in educational and enrichment opportunities.
- Currently an ordained minister.
- Five or more years of experience in pastoral ministry in a role that involved preaching and preferably supervision of staff.
- Agrees with Bethel’s constitution and statement of faith.
- Must pass a criminal record background check.
- Citizen of the United States.
- Applicants must register and apply for position at https://convergep3.com/V5Register.php
- Salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and education