First Baptist Church
Jesup, Georgia, 31546
The congregation of First Baptist Church of Jesup, Georgia, is prayerfully seeking a full-time lead pastor who embodies the characteristics of an elder/pastor as depicted in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and 1 Peter 5:1-5. A qualified applicant will be passionate about the Bible and will have a thriving personal walk with the Lord. He will motivate the church to grow in discipleship and evangelism through biblically-sound expository preaching and personal interaction. Applicants should be able to work in a team environment with deacons, staff, committees, and the congregation to minister to those within the church and to spread the gospel in our community. Education at the Master of Divinity level or comparable or higher degree is preferred but not required. First Baptist Church of Jesup is “A Caring Family of Faith” who will welcome and support a loving pastor to lead us as we seek spiritual renewal and growth in our church.
See job description below.
To apply, submit (1) your resume including at least three references with contact information, (2) links to your messages/sermons, and (3) your personal testimony in narrative form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact the church directly. Electronic applications are highly encouraged.
Only by His Grace,
Pastor Search Committee
First Baptist Church, Jesup, GA
JESUP FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH
TITLE: LEAD PASTOR
The lead pastor shall serve as the full-time shepherd of the church, intentionally feeding, leading, and nurturing the sheep. His main responsibilities will be to communicate God’s Word, minister to spiritual needs, and provide Biblical leadership for the church. (I Timothy 3:1-7; I Peter 5:1-5)
1. Has been converted and called to the pastoral ministry.
2. Is licensed and ordained as a Minister of the Gospel by a Southern Baptist church.
3. Demonstrates spiritual and personal integrity and maturity. (I Timothy 3:2-3)
4. Possesses the ability and willingness to share Christ and to disciple others personally. (Matthew 28:19-20)
5. Demonstrates positive relationships and motivational skills with all age groups. (Hebrews 10:24-25; I John 3:18)
6. Demonstrates love for the fellowship of the local church. (I John 3:18)
7. Empathizes with and responds to concerns of the congregation.
8. Exhibits passion for the Bible as the inerrant, infallible Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
9. Agrees with, endorses, and upholds the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
1. To spend significant time in personal prayer and Bible study. (Acts 6:4)
2. To motivate, equip, and nurture church members and others by example in daily life and by preaching and teaching sound Biblical doctrine in a regular pulpit ministry. (2 Timothy 4:2; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
3. To provide leadership, direction, and vision by coordinating with the staff, Administrative Team, Church Council, Deacons, standing and special committees (teams), and others. (Jeremiah 3:15)
4. To foster individual and corporate spiritual growth by promoting Deacon training, discipleship strategies, and new member orientation. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
5. To supervise, coordinate, and disciple the pastoral staff in the work of their individual ministries and assignments, including conducting annual performance reviews.
6. To plan worship services, including regular observance of church ordinances, in consultation with other worship leaders.
7. To call and chair Church Council meetings at least quarterly.
8. To provide care and counseling for persons/families with needs and to enlist both staff and members to visit and minister to those in need.
9. To emphasize the importance of personal and corporate prayer and Bible study. (James 5:16)
10. To conduct, as requested, funeral services and Biblical wedding ceremonies, sharing and delegating responsibilities to others as necessary.
11. To participate in appropriate local civic and ministerial functions and in local and state denominational activities, keeping the church informed of developments within the Association.
12. To seek intentionally to win the lost to Christ through evangelistic preaching and providing in each worship service clear directions for decisions and next steps in affiliating with the church.
13. To lead the church to identify and reach prospects through missions and outreach activities.
14. To seek God’s direction in guiding the church leadership in Biblical church discipline and addressing conflict within the church, aiming to reconcile relationships and promote unity. (Matthew 18:15-17)
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3124To Apply: (912) 427-4239