Grace Church, a healthy congregation of 300+, located in the beautiful mountain town of Salida, Colorado, is seeking a new Senior Pastor. He will be an experienced expositional preacher who communicates his unyielding belief in the authority of scripture and a commitment to hear and submit to God’s Word. He is to cultivate personal intimacy with Christ, inviting our church family and others into this journey through relational discipleship. He will lead in cooperation with the elders, deacons and staff with a contagious vision for how to live out our Christian faith in a world in desperate need of the truth of the Gospel message.
The lead pastor will:
- Joyfully and lovingly shepherd Grace Church.
- Have the primary responsibility for preaching, being able to confidently and accurately deliver applicable, Christ-exalting messages from the whole counsel of God’s Word.
- Oversee weekend church services including preaching, music, prayer, study groups.
- Perform the Lord’s Supper, weddings, funerals, baptisms, baby dedications, etc. as needed.
- Be able to lead in partnership with the Elder Board as an equal voice among those called to give spiritual care and guidance to the church.
- Oversee paid staff, volunteers and ministry groups.