Roberts Road Bible Church
Justice, Illinois 60458
Roberts Road Bible Church is a congregation of approximately 60 members and has been proclaiming Christ to the local community for over 80 years. Located about 20 miles outside the loop of Chicago, the area is diverse, and there is ample opportunity to share the love Jesus Christ. Roberts Road Bible Church has a long history of supporting missionaries and sending missionaries out to the mission field. The Pastor at Roberts Road Bible Church needs to be someone who is willing to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ without compromise.
Job Title: Senior Pastor
Pastor Reports To: The Deacon Board
Position Status: Full-Time
Purpose: The Pastor is responsible to the church for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, for using his skills in administrative leadership, for engaging in pastoral care ministries to meet the needs of persons in the church and in the community, and to act as the chief administrator of the ministerial and vocational staff.
- Set a guideline of personal behavior according to the standard required in I Timothy 3:1-7 and I Peter 5:1-4.
- Lead search for a youth/associate Pastor shortly after being hired.
- Provide administrative leadership for the total church program.
- Maintain a regular program of study to enable himself to plan and conduct meaningful worship services.
- Prepare for and conduct worship services; lead in the observance of the ordinances; and lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the church and community.
- Visit members and prospects and lead the membership in a visitation program.
- Supervise other members of the church staff according to staff organization.
- Conduct premarital, family, bereavement, counseling sessions, etc., as needed. Advise other professional help when necessary.
- Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
- Work with deacons, church officers, and committees in performing assigned responsibilities. Be available for and lead in training as needed.
- Cooperate with and lead the church in cooperating with associational, state, and denominational leaders. Keep the church informed of developments within the denomination.
- Serve as a representative of the church in civic matters.
- Serve as the leader in seeking to win the unsaved and lead the membership in soulwinning training.
- Plan and promote periods of evangelistic emphasis for the unsaved and renewal for the Christians.
- Act as moderator for church business meetings.