The Twain Harte Bible Church is seeking a senior pastor to lead our church in the ministry of preaching, teaching, and guiding the congregation. His guidance of the church must be based on sound doctrine, Christ-centered, and God-glorifying.
Overview of THBC
THBC is a local body of believers who are members of the Evangelical Free Church of America. This church body has been established in Twain Harte, CA for over fifty-five years. Our goal is to know Christ and continue to make Him known. In 2016, THBC purchased a 19-acre facility that was previously an elementary school. The church members are a mixture of all ages and we have a thriving youth ministry.
Twain Harte is a quaint, mountain town in Tuolumne County, North-West of Yosemite National Park.
Qualifications for the Senior Pastor
- He must be a man of God, preferably ordained or licensed by the Evangelical Free Church of America.
- A man who agrees with the statement of faith of our church body (see link http://twainhartebiblechurch.org).
- A man who meets the Biblical qualifications and character outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- He must have a high regard for Christ and His Word.
- A man who lives a life of integrity.
- He must have a passion for preaching and teaching God’s word.
- A humble leader who leads by example in his prayer life, seeking peace with others and genuine desire to serve the body, inside and outside of the church walls.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably within ministry or theology studies.
- Has an established history of ministry experience.
Responsibilities of the Senior Pastor
- He shepherds and oversees the church along with the elders, devoting themselves to prayer and the ministry of the Word.
- Devotes his time to the preaching and teaching the Word of God.
- Oversees and provides guidance of the worship services, church committee meetings, and church membership.
- Regularly visits members of the Church body.
- Oversees regular classes for new members.
- Submits written report summary for quarterly meetings.
- Full-time position is desired and his benefits will be based on the needs and experience of the man called to this position.
- Annual vacation time and sabbatical leave after specified amount of service.
- Wage and benefits package.
- Moving expenses stipend, depending on the person called to THBC.
We have been praying diligently for the man who is called to this important job of ministering to Twain Harte Bible Church.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at http://www.twainhartebiblechurch.org
If this sounds like something the Lord has been preparing for you, please send us a cover letter including your testimony and your resume to THBC.PSC@gmail.com
Twain Harte Bible Church Pastoral Search CommitteeTo Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org