Counseling - Licensure required
Job Type: Contract
- Number of hours per week may vary from 0-30 depending on your availability and appointment inquiries made by prospective clients
- Desired start date as soon as possible – flexible in Spring or Summer 2022
Green Mountain Counseling is seeking an experienced therapist to join the team as a part-time contractor. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key team member at an established and growing practice that is leveraging the most innovative brain-based research. This role would frequently be working with professionally successful individuals and couples who need trauma-informed therapy.
This role has the potential to grow in hours as the practice grows. There is the possibility of becoming a permanent employee in time. Most appointments will be in-person at the Lakewood, CO office with a few telehealth opportunities per week most likely. The flexibility to vary the exact number of clients per week is needed along with the ability to take evening in-person appointments at least one day a week – ideally 2 or 3 evenings.
Skills, Experience and Expectations
- Licensed, in good standing, in the State of Colorado in a counseling, social work, or related behavioral health field (LCSW, LPC, LMFT, PsyD, PhD)
- A minimum of 3 years as an independent licensed clinician working with adult populations one-on-one
- Passionate about a brain-based approach. Open mindedness to continually evolve your practice following the latest brain-based research and techniques
- Committed to a trauma-informed approach
- Excited to work mostly with women who are highly competent and successful in their careers
- Flexibility to flex up and down the number of hours worked per week based on needs
- Individual professional malpractice liability insurance policy
- At least one year of Brainspotting experience. If not already Brainspotting trained, a desire and commitment to do so within the first 6 months of starting this role is necessary.
- Experience working with women and/or couples as well as betrayal trauma
- Desire to be an integral part of this practice for a few years
- Training in therapies that work well as an adjunct to Brainspotting: EMDR, Internal Family Systems, Emotionally Focused Therapy, Imago Therapy
- Supervisory experience and pre-qualifications met to oversee interns
- Bilingual and ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply
More about Green Mountain Counseling
Established in 2017, our team of five is growing. We are comprised of experienced and highly-skilled experts who are passionate about brain-based, trauma-informed therapy. Green Mountain Counseling’s office is located in Lakewood, CO, but we see clients around Colorado with teletherapy and/or a hybrid model. Most of our clients prefer to have the option to meet in person or have a teletherapy session going back and forth. Our founder is one of Colorado’s pioneers and champions for Brainspotting, so that is an integral part of the practice’s culture.
Green Mountain Counseling does not discriminate against applicants, employees or contractors on the basis of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.To Apply: Lizzy Wagner - email@example.com