Summary of Position
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness and welcome you to visit the RRCC Inclusion & Diversity webpage for additional information.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting-edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Position Summary: Red Rocks Community College School Age Child Care Site Manager II position is responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the before and after school program during the school year and facilitating a full day camp in the summer. The position requires an individual to implement, enforce and comply with Colorado Dept. of Human Services Rules and Regulations along with maintaining a quality program that supports the diverse needs of the children in the program. As a representative of RRCC SACC this individual will work directly with children, families, and school personnel on a daily basis providing professional customer service and support to other site managers.
Description of Position
- Ensure the program is in compliance with the Colorado Dept. of Human Services rules and regulations for licensing a School-Age Program. Comply with Jefferson County Health Dept. regulations, Metro Fire Dept. regulations, and District guidelines for safety and supervision. Enroll, interact, supervise and support children to insure their safety by following and enforcing Red Rocks Community College SACC policies and procedures. Promote healthiness of the RRCC SACC program by enrolling a minimum of 30-45 children per day.
- Develop curriculum: prepare and implement lesson plans, monthly calendars, newsletters, plan long and short term STEAM projects that support the educational curriculum objective of the school and developmentally appropriate practices of the RRCC SACC guiding philosophy.
- Manage fiscally accountability for the site by familiarizing self with all aspects of the site budget to ensure that all resources are managed effectively and within budgetary constraints: collect records and payments for outstanding balances. Prepare reports and monitor revenue and expenses monthly. Support other new or struggling RRCC SACC in learning this process.
- Maintain appropriate staff supervision; by keeping proper staff ratios, preparing staff schedules, reviewing staff time sheets, assisting with the hiring, training and evaluation of all program personnel.
- Ensure program rooms and play areas are maintained, cleaned and orderly. Access that all materials are safe and in good repair for use of children in the program by inspecting, sanitizing and replacing necessary materials and equipment.
- Develop and actively maintain positive communication and relationship with families, children, school personnel administrative staff and other community partners. Provide information regarding the program, children’s development and progress in the program.
- Office responsibilities involved in managing a program, complete necessary records and keep confidentiality of records, reports and files. Attend professional development/staff meetings.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in recreation, Elementary education, Human Services or directly related field. 1st Aid & CPR certifications. One (1) year experience working with school age children in a volunteer, academic or professional setting.
Preferred Qualifications: Universal Precautions, Medication Administration, Director certification. Membership in or experience working in diverse communities and supporting the success of individuals from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Verbal and written communication skills including the ability to give and receive information accurately and present information to individuals. Ability to use a computer to enter, retrieve and manipulate data.
To Apply: Please complete an application and attach the following:
- A cover letter describing your professional experiences and addressing the required and preferred qualifications.
- A resume.
Benefits: RRCC offers a range of benefit choices (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, Supplemental Retirement Plans, PERA, Disability Benefits, and more). For additional information, please visit the CCCS Employee Benefit Website.
Starting Salary: Starting salary is determined by education and experience in accordance with our compensation plan.
The Assessment Process: Be sure your application materials specifically address your qualifications, experience, work products, and accomplishments, as they relate to the position responsibilities, required qualifications, and preferred qualifications sections of this announcement. Upload additional documents, if necessary, to fully explain your experience and qualifications as they relate to this position. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions and apply by the listed submission deadline, may result in your application not being accepted for this position, and may affect your inclusion as a qualified candidate at any stage in the search/selection process for this position.
Transcripts Required: If selected as the finalist for the position, official transcripts are required as a condition of employment. Assessment is required for Transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States for U.S. equivalency by a NACES educational credential evaluation service. This documentation is the responsibility of the applicant.
Necessary Special Requirements: Must submit to and successfully complete a pre-employment background check as a condition of hire. Felony convictions or conviction of crimes of moral turpitude or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from consideration for this position. Should your background check reveal any charges and convictions, it is your responsibility to provide RRCC Office of Human Resources with an official disposition of the charges.
Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at https://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org